Who honors LED Lenser warranties now that they don't exist?

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
The question entered my mind, since it appears that Coast has taken over LED Lenser, but denies their product are related, will anyone honor the lifetime warranty on my LED Lenser flashlights if the need should arise? The LED Lenser website seems to be defunct. Would Coast deal with any warranty issues?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The question entered my mind, since it appears that Coast has taken over LED Lenser, but denies their product are related, will anyone honor the lifetime warranty on my LED Lenser flashlights if the need should arise? The LED Lenser website seems to be defunct. Would Coast deal with any warranty issues?

Leatherman now owns LED Lenser according to their April 2012 press release and this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STs-mxbLau4

yliu

Enlightened
I think that LedLenser does not exist in the US (or America) anymore, it is instead being replaces by Coast.

Leatherman owns LedLenser, but Ledlensers are only being sold in Europe now.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Leatherman owns LedLenser, but Ledlensers are only being sold in Europe now.

LED Lenser Australia.

You can find us at:

ZEN IMPORTS
Zen Imports Pty Ltd
Unit 8
7-9 Rhodes St
West Ryde NSW 2114

telephone (02) 8878 36 00
fax (02) 8878 3622

Checked the phone number and it is active.

They do have a disclaimer posted on their web site.

8431115569_15d57a174e_z.jpg

Norm

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost, Images were also oversize – Thanks Norm

Media Contact

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about any given piece of media, please feel free to drop us a line through the following channels:
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
12106 NE Ainsworth Circle
Portland, OR 97220-9001

Phone: (503) 253-7826
Toll Free: (800) 847-8665
Fax: (503) 253-7830
E-mail: [email protected]

It openly invites your/any questions.

April 2011 News

Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. Acquires German Flashlight Manufacturer, LED Lenser

Portland, OR, April 5 2011 - Today Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. signed a definitive contract to acquire a majority interest in Zweibrüder Optoelectronics GmbH & Co. KB (Solingen, Germany), the manufacturer of LED Lenser flashlights. Founders and brothers, Rainer and Harald Opolka will remain in partnership with Leatherman as minority shareholders in Zweibrüder Optoelectronics. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 1994, LED Lenser revolutionized the flashlight market with cutting-edge innovation and precise German engineering. With more than 1000 employees worldwide, the company is now one of the world's leading flashlight manufacturers. LED Lenser lights use only the brightest, highest-quality LEDs and patented optical, electronic, and manufacturing systems, They are built to withstand the rigorous demands of military, law enforcement, rescue, backcountry and industrial applications.

The light market has experienced strong growth since 2006. Proven performance, cost-savings and significant functional advantages over traditional incandescent technology have fueled the adaptation of LED technology by mainstream users. Robust 2010 projected growth for the lighting industry is estimated at 35%.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm,
It worries me that terms were not disclosed. A purchasing company is often not required to handle the warranty obligation of the previous company. It is expected (As good PR) if the new owner continues business under the old name. There have been certain flashlight companies that neglected warranty obligations on purchased/licensed brands or abandoned product warranties awfully soon.

In other words, if Leatherman has sense and wants to continue selling these lights, they'd better honor the warranty. But they don't have to.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
LED Lenser still has a website and posts the warranty information at: http://www.ledlenser.com/support/warranty

They may be owned by Leatherman but they seem to be maintaining the brand.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny, I could not get into that page using my IE, but was able to with Firefox. It appears the address given for Leatherman and that for LED Lenser are the same, so for now, anyway, they are honoring the LED Lenser warranties.