4Sevens Quark Mini AA2 fix Broken Tail

chrisbright

Newly Enlightened
After a year as EDC, the tail has split right round, just above the threads, and is now in 2 pieces - a threaded sleeve with no end, and an end with the pocket-clip but no threads. The alloy is extremely thin where it split.

Any way to get a replacement end?

Previously the lanyard ring hole wore through and became useless. I used the 2 screws that hold on the pocket clip, to also hold on a small piece of sheet steel with a hole for the lanyard. This worked well, though it would now candle-stand only on the edge of a table etc, where the new sheet steel could project over the side.

Thanks
Chris

chrisbright

Newly Enlightened
tolkaze, good suggestion. So I've now written 4Sevens at that address, will update on what occurs.

adnj

Enlightened
47s has a 10 year warranty - except when used as a prybar. ;-)

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found out that they prefer not to cover the clip. About 2 years after a Quark purchase they made some noise about the clip having a different warranty period (As an "accessory"), but sent a new one anyway.

chrisbright

Newly Enlightened
Learning Curve - I tried to post a pic as requested, but i cant seem to paste an image straight into the Reply; & "Insert Image" wants a URL for an online "photo-bucket" type repository, which I dont have. Oh well ...

Last edited:

chrisbright

Newly Enlightened
Trevor at 47s responded straight away that they would send me a new tailcap. He has now confirmed, with postage details, that its on its way.

Impressive service.