FOURSEVENS Prototypes - SHOT Show 2013

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm. The Bluetooth concept is interesting but I'd have to know a lot more about how it would interface with your phone before I consider it as anything more than a curiosity. For example, if I come home and hang my keys near the backdoor, is my phone going to be texting me by the time I get upstairs to change? Will there be a way to disable the interface for specific locations using the phone's GPS capability?

On the other hand, I can't wait to find out more about the "exciting stuff" that was kept off camera. Hopefully we'll learn more by Q3 or 4.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting video per se because there havent been any real news from 4Sevens for ~10 months
but the stuff itself ..

.. meh

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the new products have some interesting appeal.

I like the Pen Preon, and I like the little stainless CR123 light.
I'm not sure if I'd buy them, but they look pretty cool, and I would think that there's a good market out there for them.....as long as they cure their tint infection.

youngbushcrafter

Newly Enlightened
New Foursevens 'prototypes' vid

Here a cool vid giving a preeview of some of the new products from Foursevens for 2013. Don't think that this has already been posted.
What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they replace quarter with month, with regard to releases.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Foursevens 'prototypes' vid

I like the looks of the new Preon. The headlamp design is interesting even though i'm not a fan of the "Unicorn" look.

tam17

Enlightened

Bluetooth-enabled flashlight? (7:15)

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one thing I could imagine doing with a blue-tooth enabled light would be operating it remotely.

I.e., if I'm not sure where my light is, but I can turn it on to beacon, like making my car-lights flash in a crowded parking garage.

But, oddly enough, I could not tell from what David C. said, whether he was going to make the lights blue-tooth operable or not. There was a lot about tracking, which I have no interest in, and nothing about making lights go off and on.

I don't really want a light with a tracking collar, if that's all it does. And the one he showed is far too big for key-chain duty, so it cannot be a tracking collar for my key-chain, either.

So I was a bit puzzled about all that.

But I like the 3-AA stubby!

ETA: And I really liked the CR123 version of the Preon 0, i.e the ultra-small, brushed stainless number with the magnet in the back. Very slick, and great for a set of keys. (Though I do wish that they'd move to three levels, i.e. one sub-lumen low around 0.5, a medium around 8-10, and a high of 150 or so). Still, great looking light, and a natural addition to the line.

And I'm at least intrigued by the idea of mounting that in a ball-joint as a head-light. Can't decide if I like it or not, but there's something to the idea.

Last edited:

Racer

Enlightened
Bluetooth would be a neat idea to program a flashlight. Take off the modes you don't want and switch the mode order around, all without taking it out of your pocket.

I also use a flashlight with diffuser as a camping lantern, so it would be nice to have the light connect to a standard Bluetooth remote control and cycle the power/modes from the remote without getting out of my comfy sleeping bag when it's cold.

x2o

Newly Enlightened
I'm liking the single cr123 light, if it works with 16340 (i'm not one to use primaries) I'll definitely be picking one up :thumsbup:

KarstGhost

Enlightened
Thanks for pointing the video out...great to hear about new lights from Four Sevens! Very interested in the articulating headlamp.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm stoked, a red led penlight, Can start on high too Rhe cr123 version of the preon0 is pimpen. And the headlamp prototype a swivel :eek:oo: I Likey

Warmtint

Banned
So it looks like 4-sevens is going for the Office Ninja crowd for 2013?

I guess if a slick penlight in your pocket protector sleeve is desirable you are gonna be very happy this year?

I dont know , seems like alot of Ipod type fluff to me .

ico

Enlightened
New Foursevens 'prototypes' vid

I like the looks of the new Preon. The headlamp design is interesting even though i'm not a fan of the "Unicorn" look.

The quark 2AA would be best if one wants to look like a unicorn :joke:

With single cr123 lights, the headlamp would still be comfortable I guess.

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
If they sell as well as ipods, it looks like FourSevens in in for a very successful year.

Norm

:crackup:

Yep, I imagine they'd be drooling over comments comparing their products to Apple's.

Last edited by a moderator:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new preon is current controlled:thumbsup: with memory.
I wonder if the new preon head will fit a old body?