Ba Ba Ba Barracuda!

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
I just received the Barracuda, and i took it out tonight. This has got to be one of the coolest lights that I have now. This thing throws like a monster even with an XM-L U2. I could not believe the amount of light that came out of this thing. The reflector on this light is crazy deep. I love this light. If you like throw, then you will like this light. I'll tell you the rear switch is a big deal for me. Some manufacturers make the switch too hard to push, it doesn't stick out far enough, is in too deep around a shroud or it just somehow doesn't feel right, but Armytek has this thing perfect. It sticks out just the right amount, and is not too hard or too soft to push. It has the best tactile feel for a switch that I have ever felt on a flashlight to date. By the way, I talked to a customer rep. at armytek. I do not know his name. He told me that they just sold 25 of these to the German police. I don't know why he told me that. Anyway, I really like this light. Does anybody else have any experience with this light? I sure hope so , because I would be nice to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
I have experience......experience looking at it online!!! And my conclusion is that the Viking and the Barracuda are a couple of the stealthiest looking lights out there.

Warmtint

Banned
how about adding some pics or something to give this thread some legs? Otherwise its a waste of about 45 seconds of my life

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
I definitely want to get this light too pretty soon when I save up.

Up All Night

Enlightened
Hey Warmtint-I hate for your life to go to waste, so I thought I would give this thread some legs.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b591/raotime1/IMG_3173_zpsaeaab6fc.jpg

Ha! Well played! :touche:

ArmyTek has a booth at a local (to me) sportsmen's show next week. Looking forward to checking out the Barracuda & the XP-G2 Predator. They also have some new EDC lights on their site, perhaps they will be on hand at the show.
Hoping for a modest lottery win by then!.....A somewhat disgustingly large win would also be welcome......Doh!!

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
Ha! Well played! :touche:

ArmyTek has a booth at a local (to me) sportsmen's show next week. Looking forward to checking out the Barracuda & the XP-G2 Predator. They also have some new EDC lights on their site, perhaps they will be on hand at the show.
Hoping for a modest lottery win by then!.....A somewhat disgustingly large win would also be welcome......Doh!!

You are very lucky! I saw a list of their upcoming lights on their website, and they look awesome. Hopefully, they will have the XM-L2 in the Barracuda by then. I hope you can came back and tell us your experience.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
It is genuinely sad that this forum has degenerated into threads such as this. From jerk moderators to nonsense and rude replies galore.

I'm done. Goodby CPF, and don't worry, I won't let the door hit me in the a** on the way out.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
8440216034_c4586c1b14_z.jpg

8440207490_4ce265dbdd_z.jpg

8440208016_a2fda238d9_z.jpg

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
It is genuinely sad that this forum has degenerated into threads such as this. From jerk moderators to nonsense and rude replies galore.

I'm done. Goodby CPF, and don't worry, I won't let the door hit me in the a** on the way out.

Hey Flight Deck,
Don't let these people get under your skin. They probably have issues. Who knows? Most of the stuff and people on CPF are pretty cool. Just hang in there!!