Looking for a Diffuser for a Fenix LD41 = 40 mm any ideas?

steveg270

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to find a diffuser for my Fenix LD41 which measures 40mm. Fenix doesn't seem to make one to accommodate that size. Anyone have any ideas where I can find one of these or perhaps a simple way to make one that works pretty good? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Do you need something that's quickly removable or changeable? If you don't, you can apply things directly to the lens to act as a diffuser. I've read that some people use scotch tape, and I've had good experiences with Shaotech Glow-in-the-dark diffuser film.

If you want something less permanent, I'm not really sure what your best course of action is. After a quick check I couldn't find any flashlight diffusers for 40mm; I guess it's just an odd size.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hawke Sports Optics sells see-through flip-up scope lens covers in various sizes, including one that fits 41mm outer diameter scope. The model number is HF2003. Buy it directly from their website, cut out a light diffusion film and put it behind the cover's lens.

If the 1mm gap turns out to be an issue, it should be easily solved by wrapping a thin layer of electrical or duct tape around the head of your flashlight so that the cover will get a good grip.

braddy

Enlightened
For use that doesn't involve much physical stress on the light and diffuser, a rubber band of the appropriate size can fill a tiny gap, plus scotch tape should be considered if the diffuser won't be used a lot, it is easier to remove and leaves less residue.

If the diffuser is to be used a lot, then letting a little glue ring or such, dry on the flashlight head before slipping on the barely over sized diffuser, might help.

Fasttech sells a soft 39-43mm diffuser bulb that slips over your light, but it will set you back $1.38.

Vorador77

Newly Enlightened
I have the Jetbeam PA40, which according to the specs has the same head diameter as the LD41 and I use the Olight M21 diffuser. It fits fine. I guess it will fit the LD41 too

steveg270

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the good input my friends. You have given me some good food for thought:popcorn:

steveg270

Newly Enlightened
For use that doesn't involve much physical stress on the light and diffuser, a rubber band of the appropriate size can fill a tiny gap, plus scotch tape should be considered if the diffuser won't be used a lot, it is easier to remove and leaves less residue.

If the diffuser is to be used a lot, then letting a little glue ring or such, dry on the flashlight head before slipping on the barely over sized diffuser, might help.

Fasttech sells a soft 39-43mm diffuser bulb that slips over your light, but it will set you back $1.38.
I decided to give them a try. It was so cheap I almost feel embarrassed. That is some supplier. Thanks for the heads up.