TIGERLIGHT beam

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
after using my tl for a few weeks now i've noticed that the beam is a little "tight". anybody else notice this? i sure would like the option of a more "flood" style beam. wouldn't take much to offer another lamp.

hint...hint....tigerlightpro, are you out there?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's right, i remember seeing that in the beamshaper thread. i beleive flashlightlens did a mod. i'd rather have an orange peel offered from tl though.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can try double or triple layering a TigerLight with WriteRight and get a nice, even beam across, almost like a beamshaper. Of course, it would degrade the amount of light output a bit, but if you're looking to convert it into a general floodlight, it's a cheap trick...

Plus, it's quickly removable if you need it back into spot...

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, what interested me was the tight spot *and* the "spillover" as advertised. i'm happy with it and use my E2E for up close, but the flood is a little hyped i think.

i guess i should look for a "flood" light to fill my collection.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I'm very happy with my FBOP just the way it is. I prefer fixed focus for quick, predictable presentation, and use other lights for close range.

If you want excellent adjustable flood beams in small lights the best in my experience are the Scorpion and, surprisingly, the Legend LX.

Brightnorm

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, this wouldn't be candlepowerforums if we didn't tell the wide-beam folks that our top priority is throw, and the tight-beam folks that our top priority is a smooth wide beam
smile.gif
smile.gif

Seriously, though, while I can see how the Tigerlight's beam might be of great advantage in clearing a big warehouse or searching outdoors, for use as a tactical light in my own house, I'd prefer a bit of a wider beam, not too much wider though. I prefer non-adjustable in any case.

Joe

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by tkl:
... but the flood is a little hyped i think.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are right. The way people talked about the spill light sounded a little overhyped. But i guess you'd have to have a side-by-side comparison of the lights to appreciate the Tigerlights true ability.

On a side note, my Tigerlight is the closest light to come close to my LSI spotlight, which is 55 watts. The Tigerlight sure seems brighter than the 10watts listed on the Tigerlight website. It even overpowers my dad's 6D Maglight!

poalcat

Newly Enlightened
My 9P (HOLA) outshines my 6D Maglite. These days I mainly use the 6D to knock the dirt out of floormats and do curls to develop my biceps. I feel like I'm carrying a rifle around whenever I take it with me someplace. I don't say this to denigrate the Tigerlight - I plan on buying one myself - but it isn't a ringing endorsement to say a light is better than a Maglite product (except maybe the Magcharger, in very limited instances!)

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
tkl,

The Tigerlight DOES have a very tight beam, but isn't that what we all expected from the Tigerlight in the beginning? I think most of us were looking for the "longest throw possible" kind of light.

But one of the hardest factors to get over before deciding to buy the Tigerlight was it's inability to focus, I would have rather prefered the Ultrastingers focusing ability, becuase it provided a NICE flood light when combined with the right reflector. But i ultimately decided that i wanted "reach" rather than flood...so i went with the Tigerlight.

I, too, have gripes with the tight beam but i have to live with it because it is what i asked for. But i look at it this way, the TIgerlight's tightest beam still outputs more light than the Ultrastinger in its tightest focus. For close up work though, a quick release beamshaper would work well.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a beamshaper like the M6. I've always liked those flip type beamshapers.

anyway, that's my 2 cents.