Better drop-in host - 6P or C2?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's just a matter of preference. They both have interchangeable parts and there are a whole host of aftermarket parts for it. The 6p fits better in the hand, but I personally like the C2 over the 6p because of the grip ring. It helps grip the light when your hands are slippery.

gsr

Enlightened
The C2 also has a pocket clip as a standard feature, but you can get aftermarket pocket clips for the 6P. Like badtziscool said, it is really a matter of preference.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for a simple solarforce l2, l2p or l2t for 18650 batteries. The reason is. When im done pimping my hosts, (mc-clicky switch, ar coated lense, drop in module, boring for 18650, etc). It's not mutch surefire left exept a expensive alu tube with a better name stamped on it. Solarforce is cheaper and accept 18650 batts out of the box.
A "pimped" and bored out surefire are not more rugged than a "pimped" solarforce.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
C2 vs 6P, depends on if you want to pay more for the HA finish, and if you need the pocket clip or the CombatGrip.

I just got a hard anodized C2L (the one with the P60 dropin) after reading here that a distributor had some new in the package. I really like the square body and grip ring thingy and the pocket clip and the HA finish, so it was a no-brainer for me.

I absolutely love it, can't wait to upgrade the P60L....

thaugen

Enlightened
C2 is my personal favorite. It feels sturdier and easier to grip. I added an Oveready Triad tail cap just to make it that much better.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
6P if you prefer knurling and "cleaner" look.

C2 if you want pocket clip, hold your lights using the cigar grip, and that "bad-***" look.

Personally, I prefer the C2. The rubber cigar ring is just so darned comfortable to use!

In the end, it really doesn't matter, as the only thing that is different from the two lights are the bodies. The head is the same (Z44) and the tailcap is the same (Z41).

Here's my prized C2;
c2_centurion_bling2.jpg

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
I guess the next question is do I really need another flashlight? Will a C2 with the latest and greatest drop-in really add that much to my already bloated collection? I'm way beyond my ability to justify this many lights.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for a simple solarforce l2, l2p or l2t for 18650 batteries. The reason is. When im done pimping my hosts, (mc-clicky switch, ar coated lense, drop in module, boring for 18650, etc). It's not mutch surefire left exept a expensive alu tube with a better name stamped on it. Solarforce is cheaper and accept 18650 batts out of the box.
A "pimped" and bored out surefire are not more rugged than a "pimped" solarforce.

But may be good to know: Malkoff dropins don't work in Solarforce hosts without modification.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
But may be good to know: Malkoff dropins don't work in Solarforce hosts without modification.
Youre right, havent tought about that for years :) I foil wrap the drop in, or use brass shims for a super tight fit and better heattransfer. For my malkoff modules i prefer the malkoff host for the hi/lo ring.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the next question is do I really need another flashlight? Will a C2 with the latest and greatest drop-in really add that much to my already bloated collection? I'm way beyond my ability to justify this many lights.

You already have a C3, so you already have a P60 host. It's up to you whether or not you can/want to justify another light.

If you can justify it, I would say get a 6P or 9P to complement it, and call it good. However, if you really enjoy the pocket clip and grip ring your C3 has, you may want to go with a C2.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
You already have a C3, so you already have a P60 host. It's up to you whether or not you can/want to justify another light.

If you can justify it, I would say get a 6P or 9P to complement it, and call it good. However, if you really enjoy the pocket clip and grip ring your C3 has, you may want to go with a C2.

Yeah but it seems that many of the drop ins specify only 2 batteries. So I'm not sure of I can use the c3.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah but it seems that many of the drop ins specify only 2 batteries. So I'm not sure of I can use the c3.

If that's the only issue, you can put a dummy cell in the tube to take up the space of the 3rd battery, and problem solved!

If you have a drop-in that can take 9v, such as a Malkoff, then you can use a pair of Lithium-Ion 17500, which are the same length together, as 3 CR123, and will fit right into that C3.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that's the only issue, you can put a dummy cell in the tube to take up the space of the 3rd battery, and problem solved!

If you have a drop-in that can take 9v, such as a Malkoff, then you can use a pair of Lithium-Ion 17500, which are the same length together, as 3 CR123, and will fit right into that C3.

Yep, exactly what I was going to say. You can get a CR123 dummy cell for like $5 shipped.