how did you program you Armytek?q

gianetics

Enlightened
i just received my Armytek Predator xp-g2 in the mail today. Wow what a nice light. i had seen armytek before but didnt really care for the look, but then i read about the new pred and how good it throws for its size. long story short i had to get one. im just wondering how you guys programmed yours in terms of modes and outputs. i went with:

line one 4 modes: 25%/50%/75%/100% with memory and fully regulated
line two: 5 modes: lowest firefly(.1lumens i believe)/second firefly/around 20 lm/50%/beacon with no memory and semi regulated

i figure i use line one for most applications and line two to protect my night vision and conserve battery life on the higher settings. im not 100% happy with it but not sure what im missing.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
line 1: always starts on 100%, then about 20%. no memory
line 2: always starts on 1.5 lumens, then about 5-7 lumens. no memory.

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
I'll let you know when I figure it out. :laughing: I received my used Predator yesterday and made good progress last night but it'll be another day or so until I can really take a good crack at it.

smw1138

Newly Enlightened
Line 1 100%,50%, ~10%
Line 2 Firefly 0.1, firefly 1, beacon, 2Hz strobe (for signalling, warning should I ever need it)

Step stabilization and memory on both.

I'm still not happy - I think I'll add a 25% as the default on the second line and switch off the memory since this will give me faster access to a dimmer light for closer work. After using the predator for some time now I find the 100% and 25% modes are the ones I use the most.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head tight. 1.5 lumen, 5 lumen, 25 % 50 %

Head loose 100 % fast strobe, slow strobe, beacon

Both lines step regulated with memory

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
I just discovered that my Predator must be an earlier version of the G109.1 that doesn't have the option to adjust the Firefly output. No wonder I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out. I wish I could update the driver like a computer component.

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
Line 1: 4 modes, .1/5/100/568 Lumens, full regulation, w/memory

Line 2: 2 modes, 568 Lumens/medium strobe, full regulation, no memory

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Finally figured it out:

Line 1 - 5 modes: base (7l?), @15%, 25%, 50%, 100% - memory on
Line 2 - 5 modes: Firefly, Constant @15%, SOS, Beacon, Fast Strobe - memory offFull regulation

smw1138

Newly Enlightened
Line 1 100%,50%, ~10%
Line 2 Firefly 0.1, firefly 1, beacon, 2Hz strobe (for signalling, warning should I ever need it)

Step stabilization and memory on both.

I'm still not happy - I think I'll add a 25% as the default on the second line and switch off the memory since this will give me faster access to a dimmer light for closer work. After using the predator for some time now I find the 100% and 25% modes are the ones I use the most.

Right, I think I have it now.

Line 1 100%,25% (full stabilization)
Line 2 10%, Firefly 0.1, firefly 1, beacon, 2Hz strobe (step stabilization)

No memory on either line.

I can now have my two most often used modes ready at switch-on with no nasty surprises. No memory means I can avoid switching through the "disco" modes on line two when all I want is a dim light.

This reminds me how good the Predator is but it certainly needs some thought to set up.

KeeblerElf

Enlightened
Head tightened: 25%, 100%; flat stabilization, no memory.

Head loosened: firefly 1, firefly 3, ~10%; flat stabilization, memory.

Considering making it something more like my Wildcat, though - ~5% in one mode, then 100% in the other. This is because my main gripe with the Predator is that you have to keep rotating the head to change modes within one line (which I simply don't like), and this would eliminate that.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head tightened: 25%, 100%; flat stabilization, no memory.

Head loosened: firefly 1, firefly 3, ~10%; flat stabilization, memory.

Considering making it something more like my Wildcat, though - ~5% in one mode, then 100% in the other. This is because my main gripe with the Predator is that you have to keep rotating the head to change modes within one line (which I simply don't like), and this would eliminate that.

No memory and the modes will start in the first. 5 for line one and 100 for 2. Add more modes after the first and no need to cycle through if you shut off the light and wait a few seconds.
5 and 100 are my most used outputs..

Last edited:

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Think I'm happy now:

Line 1 - 5 modes: base (7L?), 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% - memory on
Line 2 - 4 modes: Firefly, Beacon, SOS, Fast Strobe - memory off

Full regulation