newbie question. how can.i make thos lights shine brighter and farther?

xxCoyoteBusterxx

Newly Enlightened
_dsc4606_1_zpsff8f0199.jpg

Working Voltage :8.4V
Power: 12W
Light Emitter: 1xCree XM-L T6
Brightness :1600LM
Battery Type: 2 * 18650
Reflector: SMO
Runing Time: 60~80Minutes On High Mode,
Modes: 100%High - 50%Mid - 10%Low - Strobe - SOS
Size: 56MM* 230MM
Weight: 700g

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Well, brighter could use an XML2 U3 LED, or further could use an XPG2, etc.

You could take it apart, clean the connections, resolder the paths so the juice flows more easily, etc.

The 1,600 L is CLAIMS is totally bogus of course...a complete bald faced lie.

That would be a start.

:D

xxCoyoteBusterxx

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I figured it was bogus but didn't realize it was instill I already purchased it. Could you enhance the reflector to have more of a throw effect instead of a flood? Also How hard is it to resolder a different emmiter in? And how much more could I expect out if I did change it?

Tiresius

Enlightened
There's a whole world of endless mod IF you can cough up the money for it. For that particular light, you have many options. For instance, if you want another emitter, it's easier to just buy another emitter mounted on an MPCB board and swap them over. They're all held behind a plastic centering disc that'll center well if you're up to it. Just a little unsolder/resolder for XM-L2 U3.

If you want throw, get the XP-G2 R5. I went the other way around with an old crelant before I sold it. I made a custom pill and slapped an XR-E behind an aspheric. Drove that thing at 2.8a and fried in 2 weeks. It was awesome at throw but didn't last long as I expected.