Maratac flashlight question.

Chrono

Newly Enlightened
I just bought 2 Maratac AAA (black & stainless) flashlights and 1 AA (grey). All are brand new, the AA lights up and switches between modes very nicely but both AAA's are hard to light up and switch between modes.
What can i do to improve this? Have you had the same experience with Maratac AAA's? Were yours like this out of the box? Thank you.

Chrono

Newly Enlightened
Tough to turn. It lights up fine, just tough to turn between mode changes and both my brand new AAA's are like this. The AA is not like that at all, it's very smooth.

Last edited:

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I've had an AAA twisty that came with a dry o-ring and was hard to turn.
A little silicon grease on the o-ring made wonders.
So, check the o-ring.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be the battery that is a little bit too long. (batterycrush the last 1/4 twist before the tube makes contact). The maratac aaa is the smallest aaa light i have seen (with a normal pill), tolerances are small. Try to remove the batt and see if it still feels hard to screw the head all the way in before it stops.

Chrono

Newly Enlightened
I will try to grease it. I think it will solve the problem. What would you suggest as grease from household stuff, i don't have silicon grease, maybe a bit of hand cream, or some air tool oil??

ragweed

Enlightened
Vaseline petrolatim jelly...I doubt if the O rings are pure rubber which vasoline might deteriorate them..!!!