Why is the TN30 XM-L2 $350???

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is CRAZY expensive for that light! I bought my XM-L U2 version of the TN-30 late last summer and I got it with a 10% discount for around $216. Then I remember a few months ago they were running these multi-light deals where you'd buy a TN-30 and a T20 for like $180. I dont remember the exact prices, but they were selling 3 different multi-light deals for cheap. Then they put the U2 TN-30 on sale for like $189 or so a couple months ago.

But in the mean time, there have been 2 other companies who have offereed TN-30 and TN-31 clones for way less than that even! They had identical specs and looked pretty much identical, so they were obviously made by the same factory.

So to see Thrunite trying to sell a TN-30 for $350 just blows my mind! I dont care if it has the new XM-L2 or not, the fact is, those LED's dont cost $150 more than the U2 does! So to offer the same light with a newer LED for 70% more than the previous price is just crazy! Most companies sell the new versions of their lights for the same price as they originally charged for the previous version.

I think they are just throwing it out there just for the heck of it, since its so new, just to see if a few naive customers will unknowingly pay what they are asking! I think thats all there is to it....... But they will lower the price at some point.

Dubois

Enlightened
It could just be because of the holidays, and they don't want to take orders that they know will take a fortnight to fulfill. I'm pretty sure the price will fall when they get back to work at the end of the month.

CUL8R

Enlightened
That's a huge price jump. I know it was a special initial offer, but I received my new TN30 and TN31 (both XM L2 models) in the mail a couple of weeks ago and paid $349 for the pair, including shipping from thrunite.

gilbert47830b

Newly Enlightened
That's a huge price jump. I know it was a special initial offer, but I received my new TN30 and TN31 (both XM L2 models) in the mail a couple of weeks ago and paid $349 for the pair, including shipping from thrunite.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi CUL8R, how is the beam profile for your New TN31 (XM-L2)? Is there any "beam ring"? Does it appear exactly same like old TN31 but brighter ?

Do you get pure white beam tint for all output level (not yellowish, greenish, blueish) ?

Thank you

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize everyone likes the latest and greatest, but why would anyone pay and extra $200 for the XM-L2 version?

Cree lowered the price of the XM-L2 by like 35% & increased the brightness by about 20%, so the TN30 XM-L2 goes from $240 to $350, while the XM-L TN30 drops to ~$160. :shakehead

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The answer is obvious. They want people to buy the remaining stock of XM-L U2s. Obviously they are way over priced at anything over $200. And don't forget the XM-L2s leds are cheaper for the manufacturer to purchase.