My Wallet Is Now Empty

Bumble

Enlightened
Hi everyone hope you are keeping well , my wallet is now empty and im looking around my home at things to sell to buy more lights.. i even looked at a couple of my "older" lights to sell, but soon realised that was a bad idea !!! but after looking at my stats i now see why im broke...

my join date of this forum was 12-01-2012 when i purchased my first "led-flashlight" but over the next 2 months i have purchased the following

FLASHLIGHTS
olight s20 baton
eagletac d25lc2
eagletac d25c 2013 ti
eagletac d25a
xtar meteor
thrunite sabre 1a
Thrunite neutron 1a
nitecore ea4
skyray king
fenix tk35
fenix tk41
thrunite tn31
3x led lenser p3
sipik sk68

CHARGERS

xtar mp1s
xtar wp2 mk2
technoline bl-700
powerex maha mh-c9000

BATTERIES
5x xtar 3100 18650
1 x eagletac 3400 18650
4 x aw rcr123
2 x aw imr 123
2x aw 14500
3 x packs of 4 eneloop aaa
5x packs of 4 eneloop aa xx

no wonder im broke lol but i love being a flashaholic :)

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
You just need to pace yourself.

For example, you only have one kidney, and there's recuperation time, etc.

Food can be expensive, as are gym memberships, stop eating, and you solve both problems.

Your wife/significant other/GF with low self esteem might be willing to perform services to bring in extra flashlight funds.

And so forth....you just need to prioritize your life appropriately.

:D

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm not a prude by any means, but that's the second very inappropriate reference to the same thing I've read here today, which saddens me if that's the direction things are going here. First was in the Deft-X thread, which I checked in on to see if any were shipping, as I am eagerly awaiting mine.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, are you looking for the 12 steps to cure your addiction here?:)

Seriously, sell everything except for the Fenix TK's and the Thrunite tn31. (not sure about the led lenser...).

Standardize on one type of battery and get rid of the others and their chargers.

Then take a break, use the lights you got left, and only buy just the ONE light after that, if (a) you have the money and can spend it comfortably; and (b) your experience with the lights you still got really convinces you that you need that new one.

Best of luck!

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
There are many eminently sale-able lights in your collection.....we've all only got two hands, after all. :)

awenta

Enlightened
LMAO teej.

So bumble, what kind of tv is in your living room? And what's in the garage? We may be able to provide some light funds after all.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could start collecting Croc's instead of flashlights.

Anonymous

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was trying to come up with a quick estimate of how much you have spent so far, and I'd estimate the lights alone cost around $1,100 approx. I'd estimate $240 for the batteries, and roughly $140 for the chargers, but I'm not sure of the price for the first two listed. So you've probably spent near $1500 in 2.5 months on lights, chargers and batts.

Everyone has their opinions on power sources, and its subjective, however I completely disagree that you should get rid of everything but 2 of the lights that run on 1 battery type, and then buy more lights, but only buy lights that run on that 1 type of battery. Thats what I originally planned on doing, but then I realized I'd rather have lights in AA, AAA, CR123 and 18650, with the option of running RCR123's and 14500's in some of them. That way, no matter what, I always have lights that can run on whatever batteries I can find. If I only had a bunch of CR123 lights, and I lived in the NE during hurricane Sandy, and my electricity was off for 2-3 months, I wouldnt have to worry about not being able to find that one type of battery, because I'd have the option of running other lights on other batteries.

I'd really moderate your purchasing though. I have bought a few too many lights over a 1.5 year time frame, and there are several more lights that have come out in the past 2 months or are about to come out that I want(like the EA4), but I have to hold off on it. But I only have 1 charger because thats all I really needed to charge the batteries I use including AA, AAA, RCR123, 14500, 18650, etc. I also havent gone overboard on batteries. I have enough Eneloops and XX's to support all my AA lights, all the Tenergy AAA Centuras to fit those lights, and enough 18650's for every light, and only 2 spares. I only have about 4 spare Eneloops after filling every light, and only 2 extra Centuras. I have 1 extra 14500 and 2 RCR123's that I never use. I also have enough CR123 primaries, and about 8 spares. But if need be, I can use just 1 or 2 lights, and keep grabbing spare batteries from all the other lights.

I have more lights now than I would ever really need, as do many people here. Thats what collecting is all about. Do stamp collectors really need 15,000 old stamps? But you have to make sure not to put yourself in financial ruin in the process. I have only bought 2 lights in about 4-5 months, a Spark SL5-220CW and ZL SC52, and thats 2 too many!

Bumble

Enlightened
nice surprise through my letterbox.. $1815 tax refund !!!. no selling of body parts.. televisions.. general home furnishings now required to buy more lights :)

N_N_R

Enlightened
Looool, I have your problem, too :D :D :D I've already sold all my spare multitools, all my spare lights (I often do, I mean, I buy a light, then I like another one more, the latter one is more expensive, though, so I need to sell two of my old ones to affrord the new one.. *help*), old textbooks from my years at the university and loooooooooooooooooots of other things... You just need to look around your house.... People normally pile lots of unnecessary old crap for no reason. And there are many crazy people out there who need exactly your seemingly old and useless crap. :D Second-hand clothes, collectible stuff like lighters, coins, different cards, callendars, stamps, knives, CDs usually go first... :D :D I even considered selling my bike several times, but I haven't yet.