• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Shorty (TL20) Cell Tube

Studey

Newly Enlightened
Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - ETA Requests

Man. I'm not a fan of the twisty that I'd have to go with with the ZRS, but that brass TL20 would look killer with a HA black head and tailcap. It'd be perfect for a Purdue fan!

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks great!
If I didn't already have the aluminum one, I'd be buying that right now.
In fact, maybe at some point I might just get that brass one anyway, just for the "cool factor"!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW...now the next request will be a brass C-adaptor too. that will make a killer combo with a black Z44+Z41+ZRS :twothumbs

will include one with my next order

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

WOW...now the next request will be a brass C-adaptor too.

Weight is a consideration on these parts. The HA TL20 is 12.5g, while the brass version is 37g.

The HA P60 is 19g, making the brass equivalent about 56g and the combo a hefty 93g (vs 31.5).

S1LVA

Enlightened

Any plans to make a Brass option for the bezel ring on the Moddoolar heads?

I'm trying to decide if I should get a brass bezel ring for the surefire bezel on my shorty set-up, or wait to see what you guys have brewing :)

S1LVA

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Oveready / TorchLAB - ETA Requests

Any plans to make a Brass option for the bezel ring on the Moddoolar heads?

Brass colored stainless (TiN), is shinier than actual brass a does not tarnish, creating a finish mismatch. We are looking into true brass bezel rings for moddoolar heads, but it's to soon for an ETA.

Stocum

Newly Enlightened

ETA on HA black TL20? The brass in tempting but for the 37g. weight.

Darvis

Enlightened

For those of you on the cusp of purchasing the Brass TL20 that may be concerned about the weight: I have both the aluminum and Brass versions (3 brass already) and can tell you that a) the weight difference is not noticable, not in this form factor anyway, and b) words cannot describe how incredibly smooth the twisty action is with the brass version and a triad tailcap, it's like butter.

I also tried the setup with Ronac's standoff tailcap, and although they are outstanding and great tailcaps, they were not a good fit for me with the brass TL20; they were nowhere near as smooth as the triad in this setup.

My setups are as follows:

Two of the TL20's house an M61NLLL and M61NLLLL with the P60 adapter, standard bezel, and triad tailcaps
One of them is a V4.0 Triple, also with a triad

I always liked the aluminum TL20, but the brass made me love it and now, a least one of these light goes with me everywhere

Just my .02 on the brass... :)

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

a) the weight difference is not noticable, not in this form factor anyway, and b) words cannot describe how incredibly smooth the twisty action is with the brass version and a triad tailcap, it's like butter.

I use grams because its more accurate but the larger numbers do exaggerate the difference. This is a tiny part, relative to a complete setup.

b) words cannot describe how incredibly smooth the twisty action is with the brass version and a triad tailcap, it's like butter.

This is actually why we make the mcclicky ring out of brass. The self lubricating metal prevents the friction against the body from unscrewing the assembly, so it can be installed without glue.

In the TL20, a twist heavy setup can be operated with more ease and less maintenance.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Brass bezel rings (Smooth) for Moddo heads are at the top of my OR wish list!

Here's to hoping they come sooner than later! ;)

Darvis

Enlightened

Are your Triads HA or cerakote?

HA, 2 Natural and One Black.. Here are the quick and dirty shots:

2gxpdhf.jpg

z477l.jpg

Not sure if it comes out in the pics, but the bezel rings are also the brass ones. It goes surprisingly well with the natural HA.

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those stubbies DO look cool!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for the great pictures.

Edit: Always helps if you read before asking. Sorry.

Last edited:

Diablo_331

Enlightened

I just grabbed one of these up with a P60 interface for a super short aspheric thrower! Can't wait to put everything together! Oveready always comes through with the coolest products! Keep up the great work! :wave:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cerkote triad should be smooth, too. I hope so - that's what is in stock and what I just ordered. Next is an A19 with a Z41 tailcap with ZRS to hold an 18650.