• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FS: P60 Mule Drop-ins

S1LVA

Enlightened
Hey CPF,

I have a few P60 Mule drop-ins for sale. After lots of searching for the perfect light to use at work, I decided I was better off making my own drop-in. I wanted a mule that I could beat up and could stick in a Surefire. This set up allows me to use a 17670 or an 18650 in a bored host for suuuuuuper long runtimes. I decided to go with a 1.4A driver with 3 modes and memory. The relatively low power of this mule should provide 2+ hours on high with a good quality 18650. Low and medium are good for the close up work that I do every day, which again, is the reason that I started this project!

The machining and design of the brass is the only thing that I did not do. Chris over at TnC helped me out a lot with this! He also gave me a few good pointers about the build.

I used Arctic Alumina thermal adhesive to bond the 20mm stars to the brass. The LEDs and drivers are from Illumination Supply.

I have tested the fitting and operation of each drop-in in a Surefire 6P and a Fivemega 18650 body. I have no means of testing in any other brand host! Although, I do have outer springs for the drop-ins which may help them fit into other hosts. (Outer spring not needed in my two hosts)

The driver specs are 2.8-6v input. I would recommend using it with a single lithium rechargeable only. Modes are 5%, 30%, 100% with memory

I would like to sell these for $89 shipped each.

If I can get interest to do a larger run of these, the price will be lower. Also, I may order some V10 ultra glow powder to add with some epoxy around the emitter for the next run.

1) XPG2 5000k *SOLD
2) XPG2 5000k *SOLD
3) Nichia 219 4500 *SOLD

I recommend using this drop-in in a host with a smooth bezel ring like the ones from Oveready. It rounds out the profile of the beam to a perfect circle. It also works best with a McClicky setup. I found that with a standard Surefire push-button it will switch modes when dropped or abused hard because of the shorter spring. I've been beating up my 6P to make sure the drop-in is solid :)

I do not have a way of measuring lumens! The XPG2 is brighter than the 219 and the 219 is a bit warmer in color and has a higher CRI (obviously) pretty straight forward!

If these sell and there is interest for more, just post here. I only want to use 1.4A drivers and any LED mounted to a 20mm star because they are familliar to me and easy to work with. I will however, be experimenting with 3A drivers and some XMLs in the future but no solid plans yet.

USA only
Payment by Paypal
First "I'll take it"
I usually ship Saturdays but might make an exception for a week day next week. I am currently in a blizzard.

Feel free to post questions here and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner

:wave:
S1LVA

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow they look very nice, Chris did a great job machining the drop in. The engraving is a nice touch

S1LVA

Enlightened
Thanks guys, Chis was a HUGE help. Also, it was his idea to do the engraving. It was the icing on top of the cake for me!

Now someone buy the Nichia mule before I take the other XPG2 mule out of my personal 6P and keep the 219!

S1LVA

scout24

Flashaholic
Got yoir PM, I'm out in the snow on my phone. Paypal coming as sion as I get a break from Nemo. Thanks! Hope you do ok up in Mass, we're starting to get it pretty good down here. :)

S1LVA

Enlightened
Got yoir PM, I'm out in the snow on my phone. Paypal coming as sion as I get a break from Nemo. Thanks! Hope you do ok up in Mass, we're starting to get it pretty good down here. :)

No rush! I've been in and out trying to keep up on clearing the snow from the walkways.

Stay safe.

S1LVA

S1LVA

Enlightened
Put me down for a 219 on the next run, or a stronger hi-CRI emitter. Very good looking module.

Thank you, donn. The 219 is great. In the next run I will have to make one for myself also! I will look into what's available as far as something brighter.

I'm already getting excited for run #2. Like I mentioned above, if there is enough interest, I can bring the price down and probably add a glow mod as a standard option.

S1LVA

donn_

Flashaholic
When you're ready to start the thread for the second run, post it here. I'll subscribe to this thread, so I'll get an email when it happens.

S1LVA

Enlightened
Will do folks, it looks like I will gear the next run towards the 219's.

Now, more shoveling!

S1LVA

scout24

Flashaholic
Paypal sent! You will have a hit on your hands once some feedback starts getting posted, I think... :thumbsup:

S1LVA,

Congratulations on stepping up to the plate and taking a swing. L@@Ks like a home run. :thumbsup: Depending on the PayPal account when the next run becomes available, I'd also like a 219.

A friend told me: "God hates a coward." I don't know if that's true but it made me laugh, and I always think of it when I'm hesitant to act due to fear of failing. Props to you for co-creating a great drop-in.

~ Chance

cubebike

Enlightened
Beautifully made! Do you ship international ? The forwarding company messed up my stuffs and I am trying to explore another parcel forward company.