Olight S20 Baton - Directly to High Mode From Off?

Coolz

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

So, one issue that I had with my S10 was that it didn't have a way to go directly to High mode directly from Off. On the Olight site, and many store sites, it says that the S20 has, and I quote:

Moonlight mode and High outputs can be accessed directly when the flashlight is off

However, even Selfbuilt's review doesn't mention it, and a search of this and other forums didn't reveal anything. So the question remains, to you S20 owners:

Does the S20 allow you to go directly to High from off? (I don't mean memory mode, BTW).

Thanks for any input you might have!

- Coolz

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Yes,you can access the highest mode directly from off. When the light is off just double click rapidly,and you go directly to the highest mode! :) The UI on the S20 is the best i have ever owned on a flash light since it makes it possible to always reach the moonlight mode(0,5 lumens) or highest mode directly from when the flashlight is turned of and is easy to use. I think that Olight should upgrade the S10 with the same UI as the S20.

Coolz

Newly Enlightened
Perfect, thank you, NorthernStar! This was my only hold-back from buying one, so off I go! As far as UI's go (concerning the "direct to high/direct to moonlight"), ZebraLight's UI for the SC52 and SC600 (the ones I own) was far superior to the Olight UI. As it turns out, they just gimped the UI for the S10.

Thanks again,

- Coolz

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,you can access the highest mode directly from off. When the light is off just double click rapidly,and you go directly to the highest mode! :) The UI on the S20 is the best i have ever owned on a flash light since it makes it possible to always reach the moonlight mode(0,5 lumens) or highest mode directly from when the flashlight is turned of and is easy to use. I think that Olight should upgrade the S10 with the same UI as the S20.

And the low batt warning...

juplin

Enlightened
The UI on the S20 is the best i have ever owned on a flash light since it makes it possible to always reach the moonlight mode(0,5 lumens) or highest mode directly from when the flashlight is turned of and is easy to use.
I also think the UI of Olight S20 is better than that of Zebralight, if you frequently and constantly turn on/off medium mode or lowest mode.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
You´re welcome! :)

This is the complete user interface for the S20:

S20Interface_zpsd9a0067b.jpg

The UI is easy to learn and use. The only thing that i found is a little unnecessary is that is has two strobe modes. I only use the strobe 1 mode,and i think that the other mode could have been a SOS mode or a beacon mode instead of the second strobe mode.