SureFire 6P with 2 orings?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a SF 6P body off the MP and noticed it has 2 O-rings on the tailcap end. Is this standard? From what I recall, 6Ps have only 1 oring per side no? I looked around on the web and couldnt find any relevant info regarding O rings or even the waterproof discussion threads.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
It may have been added my a previous owner, or it could be a 6PN. The 6PN's cost a lot more new because of the O-ring and they are pressure tested underwater. I have one I bought off of Ebay, and other than the O-ring, it seems like a normal 6P to me.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I read up on the 6PN, I am guessing that the extra oring was added by the previous owner.

Pekka

Newly Enlightened
For what it's worth, I bought couple of the few last 9Ps ever made and they both had the newer logo and the 2 o-rings at the tailcap. And I'm 100% that wasn't an aftermarket mod either since I personally unboxed them. :shrug:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 possibilites:

1st: o-ring added by owner ... when there is no extra o-ring seat, but the ring is placed where the threads begin
2nd: there is an additional seat ... light has been modfied (is a modified version) to hous 18650 Li-Ion (oveready adds the 2nd ring + seat)
3rd: underwater model

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry what's that guys? any photo to illustrate what you guys are talking about? :thinking:

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Behold!

img0476qj.jpg

img0478za.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
M2 and 9P come with second rings from the factory.

6P, Z2, C2, and C3 come with a single tail ring.

All 6 come with a second ring slot.