SF P2X Fury runtime

gradio

Newly Enlightened
Today while at work when I went to use the Fury on high, it kind of flashed up a little brighter then default at low. I'm using recent bought SureFire CR123A cells. I pulled the batteries and checked them and got 2.93 volts on each. Put in new cells but checked voltage first and got 3.26 volts each, now it comes on bright just fine.
What gets me is it specs for 1.5 hour run time before dropping to 50 lumens.
Thinking hard about it all, I know I have to have way less than an hour use on the pair of batteries. Way less the more I think about it. Could something be wrong with my Fury?
Any others think they are getting low run times using SF cells?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light have been measured to 60min runtime(with droping brightness to ~70%) without active cooling and 50 min(with stable output) with fan cooling. After that much lower output.
My own test showed that it held stable ~92% of initial brightness by holding it in my hand.
P2X Fury has ~600lm initial OTF lumens. I have not measured total runtime, however.

http://www.led-resource.com/2012/03/surefire-p2x-fury-review

http://light-reviews.com/Flashlight-detail/surefire-p2x-fury-dual-output-led-review

Last edited:

gradio

Newly Enlightened
^Swedpat - thanks for the response & links.
After more thought, I think I'll bring the Fury home from work this weekend, voltage check a fresh out of pack CR123A cells, install them in the Fury, turn it on high and track run time. If run time comes up way short, I'll do it again from another lot of unused CR123A cells. Flashlight or batteries - I have to know if something may be not be right with the Fury.
Thinking for what I use it at work, early morning during dark inspection check rounds, I should have almost 35 minutes at the most on the batteries. Light and batteries were new last month. This was the 1st pair of CR123A's used up to yesterday.