Anyone have the updated Eagletac PN20A2?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fiending for a new light here, no particular use in mind except for flashahol consumption and kind of have it narrowed down to 2 lights, but can only afford 1. The first is the D25A clicky and the other is the PN20A2 with the neutral XP-G (CW uses the XP-G2, but I'm a neutral guy.)

Lots and lots can be found on the D25 series, but not too much can be found on the old XP-E PN20A2 and absolutely nothing on the new. I always loved the idea of this kind of pen light, but never got one because I wasn't too crazy about it's relatively narrow beam, but the XP-G may solve that dilema.

Thanks for your time, Floyd.

85coke

Newly Enlightened
I really enjoyed mine until I lost it. The UI is difficult though and requires 2 hands. Also, I use my low modes a lot and it's difficult to access with the PN20A2. The tint and beam profile were really nice with the neutral version I had.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really enjoyed mine until I lost it. The UI is difficult though and requires 2 hands. Also, I use my low modes a lot and it's difficult to access with the PN20A2. The tint and beam profile were really nice with the neutral version I had.

Thanks for your feedback. Most of my lights have a variation of this kind of "tactical" UI, so this light could be right up my alley. I briefly had the PN20A, the discontinued baby bro to this light that shared the same beam profile as the old XP-E PN20A2 and ended up returning it as I didn't quite like it's beam profile. I definitely want something with a bit more flood to it.

BrightEye

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to resurrect this thread. Did you ever wind up buying the PN20A2? I've been eyeing it up as well. I recently bought the D25LC2 which is actually thicker but almost as inch shorter...so, it's tough to justify right now. But, I still might say screw it and pick one up.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to resurrect this thread. Did you ever wind up buying the PN20A2? I've been eyeing it up as well. I recently bought the D25LC2 which is actually thicker but almost as inch shorter...so, it's tough to justify right now. But, I still might say screw it and pick one up.

Nope, I ended up with the D25A. I too am kinda having a hard time justifying this light, especially with so little info on it, but something about it keeps drawing me to it. Maybe some day......