Question about Dorcy Cool Blue w/ Krypton bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to get an Aluminum version of the Dorcy Cool Blue and put a KRP103 in it. My question is, can i swap the faceted reflector from a Dorcy Boss(in my case a Crafsman 4aa tool light,same thing) into the Aluminum Dorcy?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I put a 103 in place of the pitiful LED in a plastic Cool Blue. A somewhat splotchy but centered bright beam is what I got.

I put that bulb in something else and the other 103 I put in it's place isn't as centered.

I have a Craftsman 4AA rubber tool light and it makes a nice smooth beam.

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I had a dorcy cool blue. I swapped a mag 3 cell lamp into it and put the led into the mag. Of course the mag hasnt been touched in over a year.

eb

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by PlayboyJoeShmoe:
I put a 103 in place of the pitiful LED in a plastic Cool Blue. A somewhat splotchy but centered bright beam is what I got.

I put that bulb in something else and the other 103 I put in it's place isn't as centered.

I have a Craftsman 4AA rubber tool light and it makes a nice smooth beam.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">okay, so do you know if it is possible to swap the reflector(faceted) from my Crafsman Tool light into the aluminum Cool Blue?

im assuming that the Dorcy Cool Blue, Turtlelite I &II, Dorcy Boss, Craftsman Tool light are basically all the same. I love my Craftsman with KRP103 and lithiums, i just want it in aluminum, so that's what im trying to accomplish.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Playboy and bewshy,

If you don't like your cool blue bulbs, email me and I will swap you something for them.

Thanks,
Danny

Empath

Flashaholic
Thread closed.

A thread of the same nature has been started (and moved to the Mod forum) entitled "Can the aluminum Dorcy Cool Blue use this reflector".

Find it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.