Eagletac D25A titanium clicky 2013 production flaw?

AL85

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, this is my first ever post on any forum, so apologies if I've posted this to the wrong place or made any mistakes.

I've just received an Eagletac D25A clicky titanium and have found there is a noticeable gap between the head and the body of the light, in which brass (im assuming its brass, its brass coloured at least) is visible. The O ring is still concealed however. I have contacted the seller who was kind enough to check a couple of others he had in stock and indeed they both also had this gap. Apparently one had a larger gap then the other, which shows a lack of consistency in their production. This gap is not shown on the Eagletac website nor any other online store I have found. For me, this sort of spoils the light. Have any of you found or seen anything similar with this particular model or with Eagletac or any of their other products? And am i right to consider this a flaw or is this something to be expected? I have Fenix, Zebralight, HDS, Klarus, 4sevens, Inova and Surefire lights and none of them have anything similar.

If anyone wants me to upload a picture please let me know, although I'm not particularly tech savvy so it may take me a little while to figure out how.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a gap also, around 1mm (to my eyeball) when the head is tight. I assume it's an intentional feature - like the nitecore ez-aa and lookalikes (thrunite-ti, and others I'm sure) that show a bit of brass.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has the gap too. I believe it is intentional. If there was no gap there would be no leeway on the inside of the battery compartment and the light might have trouble making electrical contact in the head tightened mode group. Having the gap provides plenty of leeway, makes the light easier to manufacture, and makes for a more reliable light.

I do not believe this is a production flaw. I think it is just part of the light. The gap is very small and not really that noticeable.

Personally, I think the gap looks fine and is fine. If you really want one with no gap you could buy the 2012 edition, which has titanium on titanium. However, the 2012 is inferior in that the head turning isn't nearly as smooth, and the light doesn't support 14500 cells.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has the gap too. I believe it is intentional. If there was no gap there would be no leeway on the inside of the battery compartment and the light might have trouble making electrical contact in the head tightened mode group. Having the gap provides plenty of leeway, makes the light easier to manufacture, and makes for a more reliable light.

I do not believe this is a production flaw. I think it is just part of the light. The gap is very small and not really that noticeable.

Personally, I think the gap looks fine and is fine.

+ 1

very well said.
also see this post:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ac-Clicky-Ti&p=4138072&viewfull=1#post4138072

Dubois

Enlightened
I prefer a gap with the brass threads rather than a titanium on titanium joint. My D25A has a beautifully smooth action.

AL85

Newly Enlightened
Ah, I guess im just being fussy. That makes me a lot happier with it. Thanks for the responses guys!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has a gap also, around 1mm (to my eyeball) when the head is tight. I assume it's an intentional feature - like the nitecore ez-aa and lookalikes (thrunite-ti, and others I'm sure) that show a bit of brass.

Mine has the gap too. I believe it is intentional.

I prefer a gap with the brass threads rather than a titanium on titanium joint.

+1 feature not a fault.

AL85 said:
This gap is not shown on the Eagletac website nor any other online store I have found.

I wouldn't worry about that. Protoypes, stock photos etc. can be different. If anything be glad you got yours AFTER this new feature was implemented. Congrats!

Dubois

Enlightened
Mind you, what is a production flaw on the D25A 2013 Ti edition is the pre-flash on moonlight mode (using eneloops). Very irritating, and confirmed by Eagletac when I raised it with them.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had and tested several copies of the D25-series, all of them had a pre-flash on moonlight mode as far as i can remember. The only production flaw which i find very irritating is the purchase price. On European websites it costs 72.90€, that's ~97.19US$ :eek:

God help me!!

Bumble

Enlightened
I have had and tested several copies of the D25-series, all of them had a pre-flash on moonlight mode as far as i can remember. The only production flaw which i find very irritating is the purchase price. On European websites it costs 72.90€, that's ~97.19US$ :eek:

God help me!!

firstly i live in the uk,i purchased a d25c 2013 ti and a d25a 2013 ti for around $140 ($70 each) from ledfiretorches.co.uk with cpf discount... they are very nearly the same price at flashaholics.co.uk, not sure on delivery abroad though as mine was free ?

Last edited:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mind you, what is a production flaw on the D25A 2013 Ti edition is the pre-flash on moonlight mode (using eneloops). Very irritating, and confirmed by Eagletac when I raised it with them.

Is that due to the upgraded driver? My 2012 D25A Ti has no preflash.

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened

Not only with the Ti.

Today I got a 2013 regular D25A and it too has the pre-flash. Very noticeable, very annoying. With Duracell and Energizer Lithium AA. And IMO, lousy mode spacing on the moonlight set.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Not only with the Ti.

Today I got a 2013 regular D25A and it too has the pre-flash. Very noticeable, very annoying. With Duracell and Energizer Lithium AA. And IMO, lousy mode spacing on the moonlight set.
Noob question incoming! What does "pre-flash" mean?