TIR Optics...

Tiresius

Enlightened
That is a gorgeous looking optic. It's a shame that the optic is so huge and won't fit a 6P host. IIRC, the max allowable diameter on a 6P host is about 25mm, leaving only 1mm of wall for the drop-in slug. This guy is at 35.5mm. It's geared towards the bike-light design.

koti

Enlightened
Yep, its a shame it wont fit a 6p host. Im sure that if I dig deep enough I'll find one though :) The question is is it worth the effort of putting together a project like this, what do You think?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a gorgeous looking optic. It's a shame that the optic is so huge and won't fit a 6P host. IIRC, the max allowable diameter on a 6P host is about 25mm, leaving only 1mm of wall for the drop-in slug. This guy is at 35.5mm. It's geared towards the bike-light design.
P60 reflectors are about 26.5mm across, but, the actual reflector opening is about 25mm. That optic, at 35.5mm, might work for an M3 LED conversion.

Tiresius

Enlightened
P60 reflectors are about 26.5mm across, but, the actual reflector opening is about 25mm. That optic, at 35.5mm, might work for an M3 LED conversion.

And that opening is where you can bore the pill to a max of 25mm. Once done, the wall might be too thin to structurally compress any optic.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Yep, its a shame it wont fit a 6p host. Im sure that if I dig deep enough I'll find one though :) The question is is it worth the effort of putting together a project like this, what do You think?

If you're referring to making an optic setup for the SF 6P, there are lots of folks who has done so. I couldn't afford to purchase any triple from modders and custom builders so I resorted to my own. I don't think we can go any further than a 20mm optic for a triple in a SF 6P. The internal bore is a little over 22mm--leaving 1mm wall thickness. As for a single optic, I think you could get away with a 24mm optic if you have someone bore a conical shape in the pill to seat the optic perfectly.

Here's a link to my work in regards a home-made project for the 6P: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?354655-Home-made-P60-Slug-for-Surefire-6P

awenta

Enlightened
What a nice piece of glass. I think it would be an awesome project. I personally love TIR optics, 1.4 inches isn't too bad. Need a custom P6 head. Ill take one! Good luck. I think the First USA tomahawk is around 33mm (its a 90 degree) so not too far off. Weird size.

awenta

Enlightened
Hey koti, just realized where you were from. Witam! Jak wszyskto? Nice to see a fellow flashaholic over there. Just sucks about the prices, I know they're ridiculous.

koti

Enlightened
Hey Awenta, good to see a fellow light freak speaking my native language :)