maglite

dpittman

Newly Enlightened
First post on here. Don't know a lot about lights. At least not compared to guys on here. Does anyone know if there is a red led module for any of the C or D cell maglites. This will be used for a hunting scan light. Also any ideas on good powerful shooting lights would be great. I have been reading on here some and the info is just mind boggling. Thanks for all help

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are filters to make one red. Or you can have one made with a red led. Vestureofblood, Nailbender among others would do that. Jayrob might also.

dpittman

Newly Enlightened
maglite led

Posted yesterday and thread moved somewhere I can not find it. Anyhow is anyone aware of a red led drop-in for C/D maglite. Will use it fro scan light while hunting.

Jimson

Newly Enlightened
It can be done, but.....

Posted yesterday and thread moved somewhere I can not find it. Anyhow is anyone aware of a red led drop-in for C/D maglite. Will use it fro scan light while hunting.
I went to my spare parts box, got a red Nite Ize LED, and a PR adapter manufactured for the tiny dual pins of those AA Maglite modules.

Bottom line: it works in my 2D Maglite, but there is a really ugly 'spot' which can't be adjusted. The little PR adapter would probably be hard to find these days, so you might substitute the new Xenon bulb holder by spreading the pins before inserting them. It'll still be an ugly and pretty dim spot, but one that ought to still operate. With a lightly frosted lens the 'ugly' might get better, but at the expense of an even weaker beam.

I believe I'd buy a regular LED bulb sized (lumen-wise) that'll be suitably bright after you've run it through a red lens filter.