Which P60 Dropin for C3

MatthewSB

Enlightened
What are my options for a P60 dropin in a Surefire C3?

Right now I'm thinking about a M61LL. I'm not even sure what I want, other than a longer runtime and high reliability and durability.

Thanks for any recommendations.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The C3 is really good at three things:

CR123x3 - high voltage
17500/18500x2 - high voltage
AAx2 - low voltage

If you you don't want to go to either extreme, consider trading in the C3s higher value (it's quite rare now) for a smaller C2. The standard M61s, for example work great in the C2.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reliability and durability scream Malkoff, and you have your options from M61 all the way to M61LLLL if you want to stretch out the run time. On 3 primaries, you're also extending your run time quite a bit, and as Dan said, 17500 X 2 gives you the flexibility of rechargeables. Sounds like as good a build as anyone could hope for. Let us know what you end up with.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
malkoff sounds about perfect.
i tried 2xAA duracells with my M61LL 219 and got 20+ hours. not as bright though, but plenty useable.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll update when I purchase the dropin.

I can't believe I found this light, new in the package in some sporting goods store, a C3-HA...

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll update when I purchase the dropin.

I can't believe I found this light, new in the package in some sporting goods store, a C3-HA...

I had the same thing happen to me a few months back, (paid full retail for it though):sick2: I'm fortunate enough to be getting mine bored for 18mm cells by ElectronGuru. I have got both 2x18500 or 3x18350 ready to go when it comes back, paired with either the amazing Malkoff M91w or the super amazing Oveready/Torchlab Nichia Triple. Great score, you will love the C3!

Last edited: