Opinions on the KLARUS RS16 XP-G2 and NITECORE MH1C

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at this 123 size rechargeable light for a pocket carry, EDC. I was wondering if those who own it would share their thoughts on this. One thing I do not like, is the lack of regulation. But beyond that it sounds pretty nice.

The other consideration is the rechargeable Nitecore MH1c. But think I like the styling of the Klarus more.

Info and opinions on these two light would be welcome.

Erik1213

Enlightened
I have the RS16...that stopped working for no reason a couple of days ago. I am sending it back today. I don't know if this is typical of Klarus lights as it was my first one but that is a HUGE turn off for me and this brand. It would also flicker with a full charge.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for sharing that info...yea, that does not speak well for the light...I might have to look a bit harder at the Nitecore...

h2oflyer

Enlightened
My MH1C died on day two...started thinking about RS16. I really want a built in charger

need more checking out.

WALTER

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Anyone else problems with the RS16 ? Charging connection seems bullet proof. Had the MH25C and flipped it. USB socket was low quality.

Walter

wedlpine

Enlightened
I have the RS16 and so far haven't had any problems with it, it has worked flawlessly. I think I am going to get the RS1A as well. I like the idea of keeping an eneloop in it and not a Li Ion. I am also looking at the RS11 for work.

farns

Newly Enlightened
The RS1A has worked fine for me and haven't had any physical problems with it. I don't use it as much because the UI requires a long hold to turn the light on into constant mode and switching between modes requires a long press with a release between each mode (cycling is slow if trying to quickly change modes). Also, it has memory but you need to leave it in that mode for a short period of time before it will remember this, if you turn the light off immediately after a mode change it will not remember that but the last mode it was in long enough to remember it. With regards to the charging interface, I prefer the magnetic connection over a open/covered port. I assume it isn't an issue but the possibility of moisture sitting on the connection points doesn't thrill me should the cover not seal correctly.

I am newer to this so you may want to keep that in mind when reviewing my thoughts on it. For me the UI is enough that I don't use it as much as I would like to since it is overall a nice light. I don't own the Nitecore so I can't really give a comparison between the two.

Erik1213

Enlightened
My replacement RS16 has been working normally for me. However, the lack of moonlight mode has forced me to put it up for sale on the marketplace. The tint is probably the best cool white tint I have ever seen.