A couple Streamlight warranty questions?

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
I have a couple warranty questions regarding my streamlights I'm finding mixed info on google. First the bezel is damaged and the lense cracked on my TLR-1s, I see they sell replacements for around $15 but I'm wondering if the "face cap" isn't covered under warranty? Some people on different forums and things I found via google state they had no problems getting it warrantied but then why would they sell them? Also they sell 3 different "face caps" as they call it, what one do I even need for my non C4 -1s (strobe)? It has a rebel TFFT, obviously it's not the face for the c4 so that leaves me 2 options- "large hole" or "small hole"? I can measure mine, does anyone know the either size so ill know what I have/need?

Second I purchased my trl-1S a year ago and I the paperwork stated the warranty would only cover issues if streamlight batteries were used exclusively (of course they'd only know if the batteries exploded or somehow got stuck in the body and they found that when I sent it in). My wife got me a new streamlight polytac led for V-day and in the battery compartment when I opened it to install the batteries (2cr123's) a paper came out with a list of approved manufactures of batteries.
Have they changed their policy's? Am I now factory approved to use any of the brands on the list even in my TLR? Did they finally realize its impossible for them to know and just give it up?

Thanks guys, just want to know my options here.

Last edited:

Yamabushi

Enlightened
The fastest way to get the right answers is to go to streamlight.com, find the Authorized Service Center for your area, and contact them.