did I get bad batteries?

anedae

Newly Enlightened
So i ordered some 2900 mah, Panasonic 18650 batteries, but just noticed they are only 65mm long. This doesn't seem right for protected batteries, since looking at some battery reviews, everything protected is over 65, going on 70mm long. Would thisexplainwhy my eagle tac g25c2 mkii extension didn't work with 2x of these?

anedae

Newly Enlightened
You can search eBay for the ones I bought - 2x Panasonic NCR18650 2900mAh Protected Li-On from seller stmiki00.

It says they have protection circuits, 2900mah... but do they?

PapaLumen

Enlightened
In the pics of these from that seller you can see a metal strip running down the side of the battery under yellow kapton tape. Do yours have this? That indicates protected.

anedae

Newly Enlightened
Looks like it... I guess these are just really short cells. I think I need the longer ones. *sigh*

anedae

Newly Enlightened
I have a thrunite tn10 that the battery is too short in (it rattles, and only partly works - the spring got compressed slightly from a small drop), and my eagletac g25c2 mkii with the extension to use 2x 18650 won't work because the batteries are too short as well.

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
The Panasonic specs for that battery list its height as 65.2mm, so you'd seem to be right on? :thumbsup:

You may be thinking of 3400 mAh protected cells .... they have 'splainin' to do if not longer than 68 mm (unless they are EagleTacs). :eek:

anedae

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at them on there now... looks like 1/2" by 1/8" might be the best option? or smaller?

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
No need to buy any magnets until you try them. Do you actually have the batteries yet? If you are going off the sellers description of 65mm then don't worry, pretty sure they will be longer than this..

Latest posts