V11R and High CRI

aleatory

Newly Enlightened
I've decided the V11R will be my next flashlight. The simple and intuitive interface, lumen range (from nearly nothing to wow-that's-bright), EDC sized form, and the ability to accept a few different battery types nails just about everything on my list. The only attribute I wish it had was high CRI. (From what I've read, I don't think I'll be dissatisfied with the standard XM-L U2.)

There was a limited edition with the warmer-colored Cree XM-L T4, but I can't find any currently for sale. Does anyone know where one can be had? Are there any customized V11R's with the Nichia 219?

Finally, can anyone change my mind? Is there another light that meets these criteria?

Thanks!

apache blue

Newly Enlightened
If your going for the v11r I recommend hunting down a mirage special edition, same emitter but with a very sweet camo pattern and limited to 800 units I think.
I just got one for the same price as a regular v11r

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or just go for the regular V11r and then mod it with the emitter of your choice.

Dubois

Enlightened
Hkequipment seem to have the neutral V11R in stock, with a CPF discount. Even nicer is that you can have the AA extender for an extra $5.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
The High CRI V11R was sold only by HID Canada as far as I know. They are probably sold out now, but you might post a WTB on the cpfmarketplace. I'd sell you mine, but I like it too much. Other than that, the Niteye EYE10 TIC has a tint slightly warmer than neutral, but it might be a bit pricey.

burntoshine

Enlightened
I posted in the WTB section for a high cri v11r and someone sold me theirs within a few days. I paid $100. I think this was a month or two or three ago.

It's worth it if you can find it. It is a beautiful tint.

aleatory

Newly Enlightened
Thank you! I went with the neutral tint version of the light, and am really happy. (And my wife just smiles, sighs, and rolls her eyes.)

alex21

Newly Enlightened
How bright does the neutral (3c not high cri) go on a imr 16340 or regular 16340? thanks