ever lost a flashlight?

gradio

Newly Enlightened
Dropped one and that was the end of that - over the edge of the boat I got to watch it (was on) disappear into the darkness of the water depth and at night. It was really cool.

buds224

Enlightened
Dropped my TA21 in a park. Backtracked my movements within minutes, it walked off on its own somehow. Replaced it with x2 more TA21 lights once I realized they were discontinued. ***as a result, re-awakened the addiction to buying lights (I hadn't bought a light for a whole year before the loss)***

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost my original LD20 Q5 and a Streamlight Micro Stream at the same time ... I'm still not over it and it's been 10 months lol. Still a chance they are around my apartment but I'm pretty sure I lost them when I went to photograph a wedding.

:oops: So pizzed off... I really want to buy a LD20 R5... I don't really want the LD22 with the sideswitch. I would buy another LD20 in a second if they just kept the R5 design but just replaced the emitter with an xp-g2. I don't completely dislike the sideswitch--- I recently got a E50 and am thinking about getting an E25. But the LD20 seems more sturdy to me with just a tail clicky--- a flat one like the original so it can tailstand and can't be hit easily if dropped.

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened
Lost my Fenix PD-32 at the children's museum when I went to check my coat. That was the light that got me into this hobby. I replaced it with a Eagletac D25LC2 with an XP-G2 LED and a 2amp driver. It is better than my Fenix, but after that light was run over with a car a couple times, and performed flawlessly, I swore I'd never get rid of it.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've lost a beloved Spyderco Dragonfly, but, so far, not a flashlight. I have misplaced my EDC Fenix P2D numerous times, and keep getting lucky getting it back. I've also had the bezel of my keychain Peak led light unscrew and go flying off numerous times when I pull my keychain out of my pocket, but somehow I always notice, and get it back. It hasn't happened for a while; which is something to be said for not lubricating the threads and o-rings like I should...

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost a nice little modded JB CLE. Had glow powder and a gitd lanyard, along with a upgraded p4. Great little light, think I either left it in a hotel room or it got left in the restraunt.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 6 years back I couldn't find my very first great flashlight and I was packing to leave for camping. Went back to the store, they gave me... emm bought 2 more (1 flashlight and the matching headlamp) and came home to fing it in the garbage basket next to my night stand. I kept all 3 and that gave me the initial push to not mind splurging.

About 5 years back I was walking back from field testing my then still smallish collection in the woods. I pat my pockets to find out that my first aluminum light was missing. Took 3 minutes to find it in the brush while using 2 other lights and a headlamp (kinda bitter fun experience). Nothing of the sort ever happened again, although I have misplaced some lights and could not find them for days or weeks. I really feel for you guys, I know exactly the feeling.

Last edited:

cerbie

Enlightened
My beat-up, flaky-switched, Fenix L2D (P4)*. I really miss the batteries, GITD lanyard end, and trit vial, more than anything.

Prior to that, a Fenix L1P (1st-gen w/ 'partial' regulation), many moons ago.

* In at least one post around here, I'd said L2T. For some reason that was in my head as what it was, but I just came across the 1AA tube, and was an L1D.

Admiralgrey

Newly Enlightened
A friend lost my Inova X5... he did manage to find and return some of it, but the lawnmower had disappeared everything but the plastic battery spacer! It started out in a Maxpedition sheath which probably got it snatched up by the blades. Three deep gashes cut off the tailcap, ejected the force fit bezel and severed the tube about 1/3 across.
Maybe it would have been OK if it had been tied to the lawnmower blade ;)

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I cant seem to find my Led lenser frogman that i put somewhere in the house.maybe it turns up sometime but i havent really lost any lights :)

Raiden

Newly Enlightened
My Nitecore EC25 just magically disappeared in my bedroom. I left it on the table while it was on "stand-by" mode last night. I think the suspect is my 4-year old daughter. LOL Hopefully she didnt put the flashlight in the trash can. Every night I turn off the lights to see if I can find the "blink" since I left it on stand-by mode. This weekend, I think I'll I do a thorough house cleaning.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Just one that I know of. Rexlight. Replaced it a while back. I hope it was found by someone that they are enjoying it.