Which KL4 on the E1E Body?

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I just opened a new L4. I thought my old L4 was BRIGHT! This new one is blindingly white. The first one is not green or blue. It is also white, but this new one is amazing. Which should I put on the E1E. I've read that some of you have had problems with the KL4 on the E1E. Would the blindingly white KL4 be drawing more amps from the batteries? Would it be best to use the less bright one on the E1E? Let me know what you all think.
Thanks,
oldgrandpajack

HunterSon

Enlightened
Try both and see which one you like best. My KL4 on an E1e ran for 3 1/2 hours on one battery (using it about 1/2 an hour at a time) before I gave up on it and replaced the battery. At the end it was still giving off more than 2 or 3 times the light if an ARC AA. Heads with a low VF led will give longer runtimes, I guess I lucked out with mine.
Dave

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I think that is what I want to know. Will the less bright KL4 have a lower VF than the blindingly white KL4?
oldgrandpajack

HunterSon

Enlightened
I think that you may have got a good bin on that one, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with run times. If one of our experienced modders could chime in, CM, CHOP, MR. BULK, DON?

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think that both are running the same amperage to the led.. The Vf seems mostly independent of the flux bin, since we've seen R2H's, and the first X-flux that I know of was a T Vf (very low for a 5w).

So to find out which draws more current, just unscrew the tailcap, put your DMM on "10 Amp" range, and stick one lead to the battery end, and the other to the battery tube threads.