Photo request

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm considering purchasing a 6P and A19 and would like to see a photo of the black 6P with the A19 attached.

Anyone have one they can either post or email to me?
Thanks in advance!

Size15's

Flashaholic
icon15.gif
It's posts like this that really worry me sometimes...
rolleyes.gif
bluesigh.gif

Al
icon3.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
JT has a newer version of the one I've photographed for ChrisM.

Notice apart from the Anti-Roll Hex ring on the Bezel, there is now a logo etched on the body, and the A19 has a thin band on either side of the knurling.

I guess ChrisM sees about a decade or so of product design evolution between the two photos.

Al

nihraguk

Enlightened
i know i keep repeating myself but i wish surefire would get rid of the flat sides with the logos on the new 6P and 9P bodies.

roguesw

Enlightened
Nihraguk
Is the flat sides difficult to hold?
i have never used one of the new SF's yet,
i might go down to the local shop and try it
out for size.

nihraguk

Enlightened
roguesw: personally, i dislike the flat sides because they're there purely for aesthetic, not practical reasons. the flat sides makes for an odd grip, and it removes even more knurling from the body, and most people already find the older round 6P slippery at times. the only advantage i can think of is that it would be slightly lighter, but i don't think its worth it in view of the disadvantages i mentioned. the hex bezel and LOTC is useful though
smile.gif

if you're looking to buy a 2-cell surefire and use it as it is, you should look at the other models surefire offers, and if possible buy one with combat o-rings like the Z2 or C2/M2.

in any case, your best bet is to handle it in person and see how you like it, because some people don't mind it. just remember that when it gets wet, it'll get slippery and that's when the straight body and smooth flat sides become an inconvenience that can result in you dropping the light. if you decide you still want a straight-body, you can get an old 6P with the round barrel, then exchange the round bezel and non-LOTC with surefire for a hex bezel and LOTC.

hope that helped
smile.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks a bunch. I think those photos clinched (sp?) my next purchase: a 6P, an A19, a P90 & a P91
smile.gif