Quark preon revo SS, red LED upgrade

foxtrot824

Enlightened
So I've done many emitter upgrades to this light but so far I think this is my favorite. Red is nice on the eye sight at night, I have no lack of light if I need it from my other EDCs so this is the perfect addition to the key chain. The emitter is a red XP-E, nothing fancy but I imagine the run time will increase on account of the lower Vf. Also pictured is an MJP extreme lll with a royal blue rebel upgrade (I work with remote phosphor so why not :)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice! was it hard for you to get the led assembly out of the head? I marred mine up a little bit getting the head apart.

foxtrot824

Enlightened
very nice! was it hard for you to get the led assembly out of the head? I marred mine up a little bit getting the head apart.

I used a strap wrench on the head and just took a pliers to the threads, I cringed a little knowing I was crunching the threads a little but once it stated moving it wasn't too bad.

Aviw

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I just acquired an mjp extreme that I'd like to mod. to be perfectly honest, it would be by first attempt at modding a light. Is this a terrible idea, to start messing around with this one?

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Hi, I just acquired an mjp extreme that I'd like to mod. to be perfectly honest, it would be by first attempt at modding a light. Is this a terrible idea, to start messing around with this one?

It's never a terrible idea to mod a light :) If it's your first, accept the fact it might not go well. Email sent regarding your mod question.