Zebralight sc600 question

Mlehman

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased the sc600. I'm super excited but I am unsur about one thing. The website says the flashlight takes battery up to 67mm long. Is this absolutely true? I only have fenix 18650 arb l2 and they measure 68mm long.
Has anybody had a problem using batteries over 67mm?
Thanks for your responses.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a tight fit for some protected cells, but it should just be a tight fit but still work.

nicer to use unprotected ones like the panasonic cells.

henry1960

Enlightened
I have Panasonic protected and unprotected 3400 cells and half of the protected cells i have fit with no promblem and the unprotected cells all fit with no promblem...

Chaz

Newly Enlightened
I had this same issue with the SC600w. The problem seems to be that a battery that is too long will compress both springs (not sure earlier versions had springs at both ends) and then damage the circuit if more pressure is applied by tightening the tail cap. After looking at the spring setting in the tail cap, it seems that if the battery is pushed down with a finger and then does not extend beyond the end of the body (or preferably not quite at the end of the body) then there should be no problem. A battery that extends beyond the body may have too much pressure put on it when the tail cap is screwed down tight.