small vintage light to mod...

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
in case anyone was looking for a small vintage light to mod
there's a vintage rayovac childs light ('30s) that's only a tad over 5" long, and has a 1-11/16" head.
not sure what kind of batter it came with originally, but OD of the tube is 15/16" and a 3-AAA adapter fits in nicely.
it takes a screw base bulb though... I have one (as seen here on the far right), that I'm using the 3-AAA series adapter from a throw-away LED light, and overdriving a 2cell LED screw base bulb. I've also modified a reflector from a new LED rayovac that sits on top of the original reflector. it's usable now. puts out about the same light as a Nite-ize mini-mag LED conversion now, but the overdriving is giving it some horrible blue and yellow tints. I've found a new cree LED bulb with a screw base to try in it as well.

there's one just like mine on a big auction site now if you search for "vintage copper flashlight small child" you'll see it.. the one out there now is actually one I wouldn't mod because it's in such good condition, but you get an idea of what they look like.