** Interesting L4 Pic **

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put the beam of my L4 through a magnifying optic and came up with the following picture:
11150103.jpg

If you look carefully you can see the 4 dies of the 5watter.
-eric

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
*lol*
sweet.

it looks like a planetary nebula. like looking at Hoag's Object thru Hubble almost.

except there's a gleaming spiral notebook at the center. *lol*

cool picture.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! I am not the only one that watches ST. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Borg ships do have some kind of dampening field so that the gravimetric stresses of "wormholes" or trans-warp conduits do not tear the hull apart. Otherwise you'd get a lot of drones and other garbage floating around out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I enjoy seeing these close-up pictures of LEDs too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
Holds down the farcle too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
"farcle"...isn't he one of those "Ferengis" (sp?)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heh...heh..he said "farcle"...(in my best Beavis & Butthead voice)

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to make things clear, this picture is NOT of the luxeon star itself. What you're seeing is a picture of the wall the light is being projected on after it was put through the magnifying optic. It's really an amazing sight to see in person.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I hate to hijack this thread....but here goes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I projected the image of several colors/styles of luxeons through a set of macro lenses. I've been thinking about doing this for a while, to give us the idea of how a reflector might "see" the luxeon. So, for each of these, I've done a shot from straight forward, and one from about 45 degrees off axis.

First, a 1W Red-Orange
prof.jpg
pros.jpg

A 1W White HD
p1wf.jpg
p1ws.jpg

A 5W White HD
p5wf.jpg
p5ws.jpg

The 1W high dome lens doesn't distort the image of the die at an angle, but the 5W die is distorted by the HD lens...this is probably an optical effect due to the size of the 5W die compared to the HD lens.

A 1W Royal Blue LD
p1bf.jpg
p1bs.jpg

Finally, a 5W Royal Blue SE, the side shot is taken from about 80 degrees off-axis
p5bf.jpg
p5bs.jpg

Of particular interest is the SE - you can see the different light sources that the reflector "sees", as well as the distortion due to the cone portion of the lens when viewed from straight on.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
pictures aren't working for me Evan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif i tried copy/pasting the URL into a new browser but still got nothing. doh! i wanna see those shots!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Pictures aren't working for me, either.

(Edit, about half a minute later!)
Never mind!! As soon as I hit "post" and waited for the page to reload, the pics showed up.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Interesting pictures...

Eric,

Your picture reminds me of an eye illuminated by a light box.

Evan,

I am not clear, are your pictures of the die themselves, or a projected picture on the wall? Can you tell me more about your setup?

I am going to have to get my camera out and play.

Tom