Arggh, it happened to me, stuck/corroded batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipwils11

Newly Enlightened
I have two flashlights in need of some help. One is a 3 D cell LED maglite I bought 2 years ago with some majorly corroded batteries inside. I read the howto with removing the switch and using a 5/64 hex key, but it's just spinning inside the switch but not unscrewing any set screw. Not sure if this maglite uses a different procedure?

My other one is an old 5 C cell maglite that I'm fond of and after the corrosion in the new LED mag, I wanted to check this one. Only 4 of the 5 C cells came out but the 5th is stuck in there. On this one I was unable to unscrew the set screw with the 5/64th hex key, but I can't get the switch to slide out. I've banged on it pretty hard with a broom handle but it won't budge. I'm not sure if the battery inside is the culprit or if there's something on these older maglites besides the set screw I'm not aware of.

I don't care as much about the new LED maglite, but I really don't want this 5C to get screwed up! I have some nice mods to it as well from Malkov devices!

Status
Not open for further replies.