Flashlight at Airport

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,
I'm a Pakistani guy with a Klarus RS11. I'm about to take a trip to San Fran from Chicago and I was wondering if I had to part ways with my edc to avoid trouble at the airport. People generally talk about how massive maglites are a bad idea and how keychain flashlights are OK, but what about something like my RS11? TSA already looks at me funny, I just wouldn't want to create further delays but I also don't want to part with my Klarus. I'd be sure to remove the strike bezel, but would that be enough?

I guess the fact that I'm asking this question says enough and I shouldn't take it on board but I thought I'd give it a shot. :(

sgt253

Enlightened
My experience has been very positive. I travel for work two (2)- (4) four times per month. I have carried Surefires, customs, and a spare battery carrier in my carry on bag almost always. I have never had a TSA Agent become even slightly concerned. I travel in the Expert Traveller lane when going through security. I hope this helps. Safe travels.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just read the carriers rules.No point in trying to cheat as if you get caught they will just take your light and bin it or offer to post it back to your home address for a nice fat fee.Rules are made to be followed at airports so best advice just check first simples.

ps Why say you are a Pakistani guy?,that should make no difference.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
exactly. being pakistani does not exempt you from flying around the world.
if anyone suspects you, or think your some kind of pakistani terrorist, let them prove it.
get on with life, and be happy. don't worry.

Just read the carriers rules.No point in trying to cheat as if you get caught they will just take your light and bin it or offer to post it back to your home address for a nice fat fee.Rules are made to be followed at airports so best advice just check first simples.

ps Why say you are a Pakistani guy?,that should make no difference.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Sounds like you've had a good read of this thread. Even if you're subjected to racial profiling, I struggle to see how they can take the light away. I accidently had my cottonpickers li-ion charger with display in my hand luggage last time I flew (London->Vancouver) and was subjected to a few questions at security but nothing of any real merit.

You should be fine.