Wuben        
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fire Foxes IV FF4

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Fire Foxes IV FF4

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    Cool thanks sounds nice
    Hope they change the fact that if you go into turbo then when it steps down that they use a thermal step down not a timer, also allow it to be stepped up to turbo again (when its cooled down enough) and not have to turn the light off to then reuse the 65W setting.
    Definitely some legit questions... looking forward to the answers. Was never into the FF4 up to this point because of all the mode switching weirdness. I still have my FF3.
    ampdude

Does anyone know if extra battery carriers are available for the FF4?
    Price?

Quote Originally Posted by zweibelkopf View Post
    Does anyone know if extra battery carriers are available for the FF4?
    Price?
    Send CPF member Lips a PM. He posted on the previous page of this thread (post #383). He should be able to help you.

Received my FF4 today.

Indeed a very impressive light. Massive output, incredible throw for its size. Clean beam with little artifacts, CW tint.

With 4x NCR18650B it ran about 5 minutes at high before it was too hot to hold. I can't notice much difference between low and med, but this light is meant to be on high all the time.

Compliments my MM15 very nicely.

CONTROL SHOT

HIGH MODE. TREES ARE PROBABLY 100M AWAY, I GUESS?

WITH THE BIG BOYS

I plan to do more extended beamshots of the ff4 along with my led lights and the Hellfighter.

Switch to high drain 18650's for both the MM15, and FF4, you will notice more of a difference between medium and high on FF4, and a small increase in output for the mm15.

Does the MM15 have comparable performance with the FF4?
    If the MM15 can run just a tad bit cooler then it might just replace the FF4 as my primary light with the FF4 relegated as back up.
    For my application the FF4 gets too hot for prolong use.

Quote Originally Posted by doubl0thirteen View Post
    Does the MM15 have comparable performance with the FF4?
    If the MM15 can run just a tad bit cooler then it might just replace the FF4 as my primary light with the FF4 relegated as back up.
    The MM15 and FF4 are completely different lights. The FF4 is primarily a thrower, the MM15 is a dedicated flooder. On turbo, the MM15 cannot run more than a few minutes, and it gets hot very quickly. Of all the lights I own, it heats up the fastest. Doesn't sound like it is the right solution for you.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoc007 View Post
    The MM15 and FF4 are completely different lights. The FF4 is primarily a thrower, the MM15 is a dedicated flooder. On turbo, the MM15 cannot run more than a few minutes, and it gets hot very quickly. Of all the lights I own, it heats up the fastest. Doesn't sound like it is the right solution for you.
    Thanks Doc,
    The mention of the MM15 made me think. I'm in the lookout for similar performing backup to the FF4, I'm happy running it at 20W. That is till it cuts off....

They are about the same based on ceiling bounce, but totally different lights outside. If you need to light things up close by, like within ~100-200 feet at most, the MM15 will work great.

If you want to light something up way downrange, the FF4 is a better option. Heat is an issue with both, but definitely more so with the mm15. This may be in part to it having better heat dissipation.

I've run my mm15 to where it was getting hot to hold, shut off, took out batteries, but noticed it actually got even hotter shortly after turning off.

The MM15 got to be one of the the worst when it comes to throw. Even the triple XPG P60 drop in throws further, but in exchange, it gives a very smooth perfectly tinted flood beam and has the most WOW factor out of all my multi-18650 lights. It does get hot really quickly, I often limit it to only mode 4 which is about 800 lumens. Heat is not that much of a concern when it comes to the FF4 because both the ballast and bulb can handle it well, but the batteries not so much.

This is why the MM15 and the FF4 complements each other almost perfectly. Even at 24w mode, the FF4 provides a sharp beam with a lot of reach. While the MM15 can shine a wall 5ft away in turbo and it won't blind you with a intense spot.

I have 4 sets of Panasonic NCR18650BD on the way to use on both my FF4 and MM15. They provide better balance in capacity and discharge rate compared to an IMR cell.

The ff4s is now out but is it a ff4 just re-badged?

Seems like a 5W bump, maybe, on the high mode, and a steel bezel. Not much of an update.
    2xX60vn, 2xMM15vn, Eye40vn, RC40vn, 5xTK75(4vn), FF4, TK76vn, BTUvn, 12XML2 7000l, 3xX40(1vn), Mvn, MX25L3vn, SX25L3vn, TN35vn, 2xS6330vn, EA8 MTG2 OLVN, 2xTN31vn, 2xK50(1vn), 2xTK61(1vn), Xvn.

where I could find a place / website to purchase this lights?

PM sent.
    2xX60vn, 2xMM15vn, Eye40vn, RC40vn, 5xTK75(4vn), FF4, TK76vn, BTUvn, 12XML2 7000l, 3xX40(1vn), Mvn, MX25L3vn, SX25L3vn, TN35vn, 2xS6330vn, EA8 MTG2 OLVN, 2xTN31vn, 2xK50(1vn), 2xTK61(1vn), Xvn.

Enlightened

I ordered the 65 watt version today. If all goes well, I will not regret selling my TN32.
    Last edited by pebbles; 12-14-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Enlightened

So exactly where is everyone getting their FF4? I see on FireFoxes website that there is only one authorized dealer in the US and member "Lip" is the dealer but how do I go about purchasing one?

I just sent an email to him pointing to your post.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    I just sent an email to him pointing to your post.
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to his pm.

Unenlightened

Very old thread I know.. just wondering if anyone is still selling a spare battery carrier for the FF4. My flashlight has suddenly stopped working after about 100 hours of use over some years (never dropped) and just trying to rule out common problems.

Also, I bought my FF4 from Wallbuys 4 years ago (not used frequently).. has anybody tried returning their FF4 under the limited warranty scheme? Are problems with the battery carrier covered?

Also, do I just return to Wallbuys or to a specialized repair centre? I'm in Europe.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Scott

Hi Scott!

Funny you should resurrect this old thread, as I was just looking at my FF3 &FF4, and the carrier for the FF3 doesn’t work.

I cleaned the contacts, coated with DeOxIt, fresh Panasonic charged batteries, but no contact. Other carrier works fine. There is some being sold on Amazon for $96, but I got mine originally from member Lips @ FF forum. Not sure how to contact him after all this time, as he was last active at FF’s over 2 yrs ago. BVH, or anyone who can put me in touch with Lips would be appreciated.

My email is luxluthor.cpf@gmail.com

The website address on the pamphlet http://www.fire-foxes.com is dead.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Hi Scott!

Funny you should resurrect this old thread, as I was just looking at my FF3 &FF4, and the carrier for the FF3 doesn’t work.

I cleaned the contacts, coated with DeOxIt, fresh Panasonic charged batteries, but no contact. Other carrier works fine. There is some being sold on Amazon for $96, but I got mine originally from member Lips @ FF forum. Not sure how to contact him after all this time, as he was last active at FF’s over 2 yrs ago. BVH, or anyone who can put me in touch with Lips would be appreciated.

My email is luxluthor.cpf@gmail.com

The website address on the pamphlet http://www.fire-foxes.com is dead.
    Just to second the request about getting in contact with Lips... seems there are good and bad battery carriers out there, and I see Lips has a good reputation on the forum for selling quality accessories.

I checked out the webstore selling the carriers on Amazon for $96, and there are lots of recent complaints and 1* reviews unfortunately about the vendor.

I see banggood dot com has the carrier advertised for $40, but they are out of stock (and also don't seem to stock fire-foxes anymore... so probably this situation is permanent).

Has anyone been able to strip down an FF3 or FF4 and do diagnostics on the internals before (with a multi-meter for example). If so, any pointers where to start are appreciated. There is always the possibility that one of my kids has dropped my FF4 without telling me ("Mr Nobody" is often to blame for unexplained breakages and problems around the house!)

Scott

Well you could try a purchase from Amazon, and if it doesn’t work out, just do a return/refund with Amazon.

No other choices.

Ill let let you know if I hear from Lips.

I did just hear from Lips (Vic) from another email that BVH gave me, and he is well, but alas no more FF3/FF/4 parts available.

Luckily when i rummaged around, I found that I had bought a spare battery carrier that now restores both of my FF’s to working status. There are 4 set screws in one end of holder, but mine are stripped, so no Allen wrench will unscrew them.

I suspect there is a small circuit board inside that has a failed component, given the voltage and amps flowing into the HID ballast. It’s a shame for those owners who have no other battery holder, as this renders their otherwise impressive small HID useless.

Also I did place an order for that $96 holder listed on Amazon in mid March before I found my spare, but it was never delivered, and no reply from “BigBazaar” seller. Amazon refunded me.
    Last edited by LuxLuthor; 04-30-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    I did just hear from Lips (Vic) from another email that BVH gave me, and he is well, but alas no more FF3/FF/4 parts available.

Luckily when i rummaged around, I found that I had bought a spare battery carrier that now restores both of my FF’s to working status. There are 4 set screws in one end of holder, but mine are stripped, so no Allen wrench will unscrew them.

I suspect there is a small circuit board inside that has a failed component, given the voltage and amps flowing into the HID ballast. It’s a shame for those owners who have no other battery holder, as this renders their otherwise impressive small HID useless.

Also I did place an order for that $96 holder listed on Amazon in mid March before I found my spare, but it was never delivered, and no reply from “BigBazaar” seller. Amazon refunded me.
    One of my favorite lights. I am glad I bought a spar carrier years ago when I heard that some other members had issues. If anyone ever finds another source for the carriers, please let me/us know. Couldn't hurt to have a 2nd spare as I would hate to toss a perfectly good light because of a carrier. Thanks.

I doubt any of these will show up again, such a long time since featured, and no contact from any sellers or the manufacturer.

i too would be interested in some spare parts like a bulb and battery carrier for my FF4, i did some digging on the net for fire foxes and i came up with this website...

https://henry548.en.ec21.com/

seems its the parent company or something like that for fire foxes..if you check out their products section it seem they are selling a 40W HID with a similar shape battery tube/carrier possibly..i tried e mailing the contact on there but have heard nothing back as yet..maybe some of you guys could try as well if interested?

Flashaholic*

You ever hear anything from them?

I was thinking of trying to get a run of spare lenses made by someone here in the States for the FF3 and FF4 since they never came with spares. It would REALLY suck if one of my lenses broke!!!
    Last edited by ampdude; 09-18-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    ampdude

What would a mint condition FF4 sell for now days? Only been on for 10 minutes to make sure it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by darkduude View Post
    What would a mint condition FF4 sell for now days? Only been on for 10 minutes to make sure it worked.
    Searching completed sales is the recommended approach for that info
    ... is the archimedes peak

Thanks I'll look for results.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415 LastLast