Fire Foxes IV FF4

mhemling33

Newly Enlightened
Today I contacted Fire-Foxes about where to purchase an FF3 and how much are they....

They will upgrade FF3 to FF4 in April. And FF3 is not stock now. FF4 will include 3 hand-switch mode(24W、40W and 60W). The size and price will be the same with FF3.

If this is already known then I am sorry for wasting a thread. Also I saw the GB price for the FF3.... will there be one for these :)

UPDATE**
They hope to keep the price at $290 or less shipped WW. This is not a GB price they can't tell me more because production is not in full swing yet and they don't know what the cost will be. They also said maybe they can find a reseller in the US.... If any one has interest in being a reseller i'll connect you to the person who I have been talking too.

I am sorry guys but I do not feel comfortable running a GB :sigh:.... but i will keep names updated in the OP until one is officially created and the names can be transferred. I will help out in any way and continue to communicate with the person from Fire-Foxes.

If you want to be added just say I'm in

GB LIST
mhemling33
Lumens Industry
arglergle
jmpaul320
walterr839
Bullet Bob
Hoop
stollman
wingsnole
karstghost
Teej
bxstylez

Last edited:

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Lets keep this thread updated so I can know when and where to order one! :devil:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guess there will still be a thermal sensor for auto power reduction as there is on FF3.

Indeed.
If they get toasty warm with 40w, guess how hot it will be with 60w?

I wonder if it will come with a free oven mitt? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mhemling33

Newly Enlightened
So I asked what the price will be and where i can purchase them from and i was asked how many sets i wanted

I only need one but I was wondering what group buy price he would give. What would be a good amount to say for a GB of these just to see what he can offer.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in one, I hesitated to buy the ff3 because it was only single mode.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subscribed. I've always wanted an FF3 until they were recently sold out. Now with FF4 with the same form factor and size, but with multiple outputs??? Sounds like a no brainer. I just hope the output and tint will be similar to the FF3. If it is, then we have a definite winner.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subscribed too. :cool:

Random thoughts...

24w selection is very good. At the 24w level I tested the FF3 at 90k+ cp and about 2000L. That's waaaaaaaaaaay more than enough for most tasks and it'll be nice to be able to select that level manually.

The 60w level, though neat and welcomed, should be very short lived before thermal kickdown if the 40w FF3 is of any indication.

What the FF3 needed more than more power is more reflector. It makes plenty of lumens (easily more than 4000 OTF by my measurements), it just spreads them out a lot. I hope the FF4 will have a little better throwing reflector though it sounds like it will be about the same size.

A side clicky would be awesome! :thumbsup:

A tinsy bit more length in the battery tray would be nice.

BVH

Flashaholic
Subscribed too. :cool:

Random thoughts...

24w selection is very good. At the 24w level I tested the FF3 at 90k+ cp and about 2000L. That's waaaaaaaaaaay more than enough for most tasks and it'll be nice to be able to select that level manually.

The 60w level, though neat and welcomed, should be very short lived before thermal kickdown if the 40w FF3 is of any indication.

What the FF3 needed more than more power is more reflector. It makes plenty of lumens (easily more than 4000 OTF by my measurements), it just spreads them out a lot. I hope the FF4 will have a little better throwing reflector though it sounds like it will be about the same size.

A side clicky would be awesome! :thumbsup:

A tinsy bit more length in the battery tray would be nice.

I agree with CS to all those mods. They would be most welcome. If he goes with a SMO reflector, that will go a long ways towards improving throw without having to increase the diameter. Maybe Lips will point him to this thread?

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Build the battery holder to work with all protected 18650 cells without having to clip springs and I'm a buyer.

Fibo

Newly Enlightened
That sounds great.....
I have my FF3 since a few Days and the Light is very impressive for its Size......
If the FF4 is available it will be something like a Reflex if i push the Order Button;-)

Patriot

Flashaholic
I would be interested as well but with a reflector this size, it really needs to be smooth. I "get" the small set-up which is one of the things that sets this light apart, so I wouldn't necessarily be in favor of increasing the size. I'm guessing we'll only be getting about 3 min runtime at 60W before stepdown though...lol. Still, It's kind of cool that it will do it.

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Good to hear that this is going to be HID. I think last I heard ma_sha had some translation that it was going to be more like a hotwire. Sounds like something that I might be interested in, especially if they keep that similar color temperature.

BVH

Flashaholic
I know it will go absolutely nowhere but i just have to say it....i wish he'd use a 5000K - Diamond White lamp. Or be a real pioneer and use a 4750K lamp.

cchurchi

Enlightened
I'll definately be getting one of these if they make the battery mag work with protected cells.

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
I just got an FF3 and I'm still waiting on my batteries to arrive so I can fire it up, but I'm ready to buy the FF4 if the color temp is the same. I also agree with Colonel Sanders' mods. Offering a holster or leather protective carrying case would also be nice. (And a battery lock-out function if there isn't already one).