Streamlight protac 2aaa with 10440's

Omenwolf

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys And gals new to the forum but not light and batteries.
A little background, I'm am an avid Rc car guy so I am very familiar with lipos and have extensive knowledge in that area. I am also an avid shooter with many weapons lights mounted on my firearms.
I have a few surefires, and Streamlights on said firearms.
i have been carrying a sure fire with an 18650 for a long time, but I have been wanting some smaller to carry and after a little research I decided on the Streamlight protac 2aaa. I love the light, it's perfect size and weight for everyday carry and with a $25 price tag it's hard to wrong. But after carrying a 600 lumen light the 80 from the protac is a wee bit low.
So I was thinking about throwing 2 10440 in it.
I know the higher voltage is going to cause a lot more heat and I will have to watch the low voltage of the batteries, but will they fry the bulb. At double the voltage I'm sure I would be happy with the output, I just don't want the cook the little guy.
What do you guys think?

Racer

Enlightened
Heh, I'm usually the first one to throw an 10440 in an AAA light, and even I wouldn't do that for a 2xAAA light. But as a geek, I'm curious if would actually work. Seems like with 2x10440 it would be a bit much.

When I was a kid in the 70's, my friend had a model train controller that had a dial for DC voltage. When the adults weren't around, we used to hook random electronic components and slowly dial up the voltage to see at which voltage they melt/explode, and we were surprised by how much components like LEDs would take.

But I did put a 10440 in a brand new I3S yesterday, right out of the box.

Omenwolf

Newly Enlightened
Well if I could find a 2 x 10440 run in parallel that would be ideal. My soldering skills are top notch and even I don't think I can get it tight enough to fit in such a thin barrel.
Any feedback or idea would be greatly appreciated.