New aluminum mod host with clickie --link to pics

Zman

Enlightened
I apologize in advance for the lame pics, but I have only a webcam for the moment. I will try to get better photos. Also I haven't figured out how to post them other than to point to my photos in yahoo.

Aluminum clickie flashlight

Hi everyone I was at my local dollar general and found a new (to me) aluminum flashlight. Its a 2AA cell, with clickie switch. It has a krypton bulb and is focusable. It uses your standard pr style bulb held in with an aluminum threaded piece. It is o-ringed top and bottom and the clickie has a spot for a ring. I took one completely apart and posted the pieces. It runs a whopping $2!! It looks like it lends itself to easy luxeon mods. What do you guys think?
p.s. Oh yeah if a pro modder might want a sample host, I can probably get some to you to see what kind of handiwork you can create.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I don't consider myself a pro-modder but I would like one as a host. How much would it cost me delivered to my door? I'm in s.cali. txs

snuffy

Enlightened
It looks like it uses a PR base bulb in the "pieces" pic. Is that correct ?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
snuffy said:
It looks like it uses a PR base bulb in the "pieces" pic. Is that correct ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does. A quote from Zman's post: "It uses your standard pr style bulb held in with an aluminum threaded piece." You don't find many flashlights of this size that use pr base bulbs but they are out there. I have one but it's plastic and no good for a lux host. This one seems like it would be though just as he said. I hope and appreciate it if Zman's able to get one out to me. I'd surley love to mod one of em'. txs

Zman

Enlightened
Hi reviewum-
I remember you posting that thread. I actually bought a couple of those prior to that post. (I have the same weakness for dollar stores.) The fit and finish on this one is not that impressive either. I haven't tried very hard to get the reflector and lens off, but that doesnt look like it will be easy. Its the clickie and the pr style that drew me...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Zman is da man. I got my flashlights the same day I mailed out the payment. It's amazing how much trust is within the CPF community. txs

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
Wylie said:
I've seen these. I wouldn't put anything too hot into them, they have a plastic head.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, this doner is not meant for anything that's overdriven that gets hot. The kinda thin alumn. body doesn't make up for it either. It was a hassle cutting down the reflector since the head doesn't come apart but that didn't stop me from doing it. The clickie feels nice but isn't monentary on, something I really like in a clikie most of the time. To bad the thread pitch is slighty off MM's 28 tpi. It screws on only half the way. The thread pitch on this clickie is 1.00mm.
Just waiting for some more components for the mod.