A Zebra in my mouth?

TBuddha

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty set on getting a ZebraLight for a small all purpose around the house light, that will also be versatile enough to be useful outdoors. I am currently fond of the 18650 format, and have just purchased a S6330. I am thinking about the SC 600, or perhaps the H600, probably "w" and probably "F".

Here's my question. I find when using a small light, more than half the time it winds up in my mouth at some point, so that I can have both hands free. Of course the H600 has a headband holder, but I suspect I would only break it out for extended use. Does anyone have an opinion about which of these lights might work better for this purpose, or better yet experience with it? Which would be easier to hold this way?

BTW, the S6330 will NOT be ending up in my mouth!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
the last time i put a little light in my mouth i ended up with 3 aphthous ulcers around the same locality, lower lip, tongue tip, upper lip

800pxaphthousulcer.jpg

the one on the tongue tip hurt quite a bit and healing process took ~7 labor days

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get those, from Flovent if I don't brush right after using the disc. Are you allergic to metal Shelm?

The sc600 would be awkward in the mouth, and the h600 would be sideways in your teeth to use it. The Sc52 would be small enough for "mouth daily carry"

markr6

Flashaholic
I love my H600w...GREAT light. It would be a bit akward for me to hold in my mouth but I could get by doing so on occasion. It does stand nicely and you can direct the light accordingly since it's an angle light.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
There used to be a gadget one could buy for a mini Mag that allowed one to comfortably and safely hold the light in ones mouth. I imagine some heat shrink tubing or some piece of rubber tubing
in the right diameter would work well for a mouth guard.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whenever i put something filthy with a lot of bacteria or dirt in my mouth, e.g. sucking whose dirty finger, i could/would get those. As long as the stuff is clean i don't have a problem with metal or heat shrink tubing.
1xAAA lights are in my pocket and pockets are dirty ;)

wedlpine

Enlightened
I know this doesn't answer your questions, but how about the Terralux Lightstar 80? It has a rubber bite ring near the end by the tail switch specifically for putting in your mouth, and it's high CRI.

Or you could try to get the ZL SC60, it's a bit smaller then the SC600.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
An 18650 light is usually 22-25mm wide, an inch, same width as my thumb. That, seems too wide for mouthy use, the Lightstar 80 or an aaa light is ideal. It's your mouth, what's comfortable to you, go for it.

@shelm I guess you didn't eat as much dirt as I did growing up :naughty:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light I find works best in my mouth is my modded Olight S10 (currently equipped with an XPG2 neutral emitter, but a Nichia 219 also works well). It's so light and short it puts barely any pressure on the mouth.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mini MagLite gadget is unavailable these days but it seems there is an alternative available, the Nite Ize NLB-07 Lite Bite AA size flashlight holder.

• Designed to fit a wide variety of AA round barrel flashlights
  • Mouth-piece design distributes bit pressure over a greater number of teeth made of FDA approved plastic
  • Comfortable and secure
  • Comes packaged with an accessory cord as an option to carry your flashlight when using the Lite Bite
  • Easy to attach to your flashlight's end

P.S. OK, man, somebody's got to say it. Shelm, that photo of your mouth is gross! A simple description of your malady would have sufficed, me thinks. :eeew:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a cheapie Rayovac flashlight with a GITD section on the body. It turns out to be silicone rubber, and can be removed with some effort. Stick a whole one or a half one (Cut into two shorter rings) on a flashlight. Tooth-friendly grip AND easy location in the dark. Half of one goes very nicely on the SC600 tailcap.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Rubber band it to your arm/wrist....or, just tail stand it and most of the time the bounce will be enough light for your task.

I also use an Xtar Meteor (500 L hi with lower modes too, etc...) that has a magnetic base...so I can just stick it to something to aim it where needed....and a chain with lobster claw that I can use to hang it like a wee chandelier where needed too.

:D

No point in getting hoof and mouth diseases from your Zebras.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light I find works best in my mouth is my modded Olight S10 (currently equipped with an XPG2 neutral emitter, but a Nichia 219 also works well). It's so light and short it puts barely any pressure on the mouth.

+1

I have a BB Ti S10 with a 219 and it's great for that :)