• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modifications to convert Malkoff MD2 to "MD1"

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Modifications to convert Malkoff MD2/3/4 to "MD1" and/or MD Extensions

As shown here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?355520-Malkoff-quot-MD1-quot-by-MartinDWhite

Send me a Malkoff body (MD2, MD3, or MD4) I will modify it to be a single cell body "MD1" and sent it back to you. If you send and MD3 or MD4 I can also convert the cut off portion to an extension tube to allow extending a Malkoff body to hold more batteries. An MD3 can be converted into an MD1 and a single cell extension or a single AA sized extension. An MD4 can be converted to an MD1 and a single, double, or AA size extension.

The price for the MD1 conversion is $40 per body plus $5 shipping per order (the shipping charge can be combined with other things I sell also).
The price for the extension tube conversion from the cut off portion is an additional $40 per body.

PayPal to [email protected]
PM for address to send MO, check, or MD2/3/4 body.

Picture show "MD1" with MD2, MD3, and MD4 bodies. Bodies in pictures are not for sale.
IMG_1891.JPG

Completed "MD1" with M61W drop in running on single 18350. Shown with older MD2 for size comparison.
IMG_1896.JPG

A few of the MD extension tubes. A single, double, and AA sized extension are all pictured.
MDExt_1.png

MDExt_2.png

MDExt_3.png

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is an excellent idea. I have wished sometimes that Gene would have made MD1's himself, but that never happened.

I definitely want at least one of these mods as soon as funds allow...:broke::sigh:

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the heads up, greatscoot... A soon as mine gets here, it's off to Martindwhite for shortening, if he's so inclined. :thumbsup:

scout24

Flashaholic
My MD2 body arrived from the good folks in Georgia... :) I'm ready for an MD1. PM incoming for your address...

scout24

Flashaholic
I shipped you my MD2 body on Monday, Paypal coming tonight. If you have a package show up from New York today, it's probably mine... :) Thanks!

Norm

Retired Administrator
All lights sent for modification have been done and mailed back.
Received mine MD1 thanks Martin, I realize you posted quite some time ago but I've been away.

Very pleased to add the MD1 to my Malkoff collection.

Norm