I killed it!!

Sharp

Enlightened
I was playing around with my PT Impact...
The problem is that my definition of "playing with flashlights" is a bit different from the usual one...
I was making my flashlight "freefall" from a 6-7 feet height and see what happened (nothing, usually).
However, this time was different:

fa8ca624.jpg

I still can't understand how it happened...it just fell and cracked open!
Well, I guess I won't use Impacts to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif anymore.

:EDIT: I resized the picture.

Richard

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you destroy flashlights for fun? what a sicko /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sorry about your loss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sharp

Enlightened
Rothrandir,
well, sometimes...when I'm bored. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15s,
Sure, if you keep the pieces together... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Cool...New two-hands operating flashlight: One hand for holding it, one for keeping it together.

Richard

Sharp

Enlightened
Sure koala but as Murphy says "If an object breaks, it needed replacing anyway." That's what I think about flashlights: Flashlights that break deserved to die.

Afterall, it's not a great loss...I've still got bunches of flashlights.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
That's what I think about flashlights: Flashlights that break deserved to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man you are wicked!

Sharp

Enlightened
Well, as most flashaholics do, the first thing I do when I get a flashlight is flash it in my eyes. BUT, after that, when afterimages are gone, I throw it on the floor and see if it still works or deserved to be terminated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. If it still works, I keep it, otherwise....
"Dad, there's something wrong with my flashlight!"

Is someone having problems with the picture I posted?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
You brute!

I'd say you now have spare parts for your replacement!

GregR

Sharp

Enlightened
Right! I now have an LED Assembly for my PT Tec 40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif.
Now I'm afraid of performing ANY of my crash tests!

I think I'll be called the Brute Flashlight Smasher from now on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Richard

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the warranty? Those things are advertised as being very tough. I don't know about the PT stuff, but UKE has a truck roll over their flashlights in their advertisements and they talk about surviving falls from quite a few feet. Perhaps PT would stand behind their product and replace the light?

Sharp

Enlightened
I'm sure they would Steelwolf, but it wouldn't be a good thing for me since I live in Europe and mailing delivering, handling and all that stuff would be a problem. But as I said, it's not a great loss...
Thanks for the idea anyway.

Richard

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Steelwolf said:
What about the warranty? Those things are advertised as being very tough. I don't know about the PT stuff, but UKE has a truck roll over their flashlights in their advertisements and they talk about surviving falls from quite a few feet. Perhaps PT would stand behind their product and replace the light?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't trust UKE flashlights to withstand falls. I once had 2 UKE Q40 but both lights went out of focus when I dropped them accidentally. Well, actually one dropped when I fell off the bicycle, the other when it slipped off the table but fortunately the lamp assembly is not expensive to replace.

Andy Ho

Sharp

Enlightened
Road_kill,
unfortunately, I'm too young to get a driving licence, so I can't test that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Buy hey! There *ARE* people doing crash tests with cars!! So that's OK!!
OK now. I'm the official flashlight crash tester. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poor thing just couldn't handle much impact, huh?
Kind of ironic.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was gonna say something like that, but you beat me to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Maybe I ought to throw my Impact at a wall or something and see if it can take the impact. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif