Saved a life last night thanks to flashlights

chenko

Enlightened
Last night a friend called because a rabbit appeared in his garden, probably lost from an home or abandoned.
It was snowing and very cold, he would have probably died outside, but thanks to our help (and the flashlights I could supply everyone) we managed to catch him to be brought in a safe and warm place.

We used:
Eagletac G25C2 mkII neutral white - set in regular mode, it is very simple to operate for non-flashaholics
Eagletac M3C4 XM-L neutral white - as simple to use as G25C2, bulkier but still manageable
Nitecore EA4 neutral white - a bit trickier to use due to the one-button interface, but turbo is accessed easily

All the lights performed well on max for an extended period of time (about 1h and a half)
500-800~ lumens seem the needed power for this kind of situations.

Now we are looking for an adoption for our little furry friend ;)

Raze

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing this touching but inspirational story. #manlytears

Now I have to consider prepping some 'loaner' hi-powered lights just in case I'm gonna need to equip more manpower for such a case.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

That warm fuzzy feeling

..hope you didn't blind him though

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good story with an even better ending. Glad to see you putting those lights to work....Robert

chenko

Enlightened
LOL! Sure we would have catched the little bunny much quicker if we wanted to harm him for eating him, but lucky rabbit found vegan guys on his path, so no rabbit pasta in his future! ;)

Adoption is already set, he will be with his new family tomorrow and will have a companion rabbit to share an entire house with! :)

It's not the first time we could save animals thanks to flashlights, and every time I'm SO happy when any of my tools gets used for good! It really is a rewarding experience every single time.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
^ I thought rabbits are often found living in snowy climates also..? hehe.