ZL SC600wMkII out! will u hold or buy?

markr6

Flashaholic
Sweet! I'm waiting for the SC600w then I may get one. 18650 "up to 68mm long" so my protected Eagletacs may be a tight squeeze like in the H600w.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
tight squeeze better?.
im trying to find out still up what "mm" can the MkII take.
looking to use a fenix arb l2 in it or aw 3100. thanks.

thanks.

Sweet! I'm waiting for the SC600w then I may get one. 18650 "up to 68mm long" so my protected Eagletacs may be a tight squeeze like in the H600w.

jonathanluu2

Newly Enlightened
on the zebralight website. As for the battery sizes, I've seen 68mm 18650's stuffed in "67mm max sized" ZL's without any issues, so im sure there is SOME tolerance in their "max" value but not much. My opinion at this point: I would not bank on anything larger than 69mm fitting in the SC600 MkII.

EDIT: hi holylight, you beat me to the punch.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks just like the old SC600. My guess is the reason why the MkII is shorter is that they switched to an integrated driver+star on the same board like they did with the SC52. If that's the case then emitter swapping will be out of the question.

I think I'll pass on the Mk II. I'm sure it will be a great light, but I find my old SC600 a bit large for EDC and it rarely gets used. I prefer smaller lights.

magpullin

Newly Enlightened
BUY!!
Really like the specs on this light.
Looks like my first ZL will be inbound :twothumbs

holylight

Enlightened
on the zebralight website. As for the battery sizes, I've seen 68mm 18650's stuffed in "67mm max sized" ZL's without any issues, so im sure there is SOME tolerance in their "max" value but not much. My opinion at this point: I would not bank on anything larger than 69mm fitting in the SC600 MkII.

EDIT: hi holylight, you beat me to the punch.

2 hour before I check no update of sc600(2) sale, 2 hours later I check , omg is really out!! I double confirm within 5 sec than order online and post thread here:D

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
when ZL SC600wMkII out! will u hold or buy without any review?

most definitely BUY :)

this is just a bigger SC52. no new tech. actually simpler coz it doesn't have to support nimh. ZL have really gotten their act right on the sc52 i.e. no major issues so i think it's safe to buy sc600mk2 ASAP