The Legend (LX) lives on...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
On a recent trip to Southern California I found myself working next to another inspector that was having difficulty seeing details after the sun went down. The ambient lighting of the plant made my ARC LSH-P seem a little dim to him and he was objecting to the "white" color. He preferred "yellow." (He actually had the nerve to call my light blue... but you know what I mean.)

His solution was to get a Garrity 2D stainless. He kept complaining that it was too big and cumbersome. It has a faceted reflector and has a pretty good beam. He would keep setting it down and then go off leaving it where he put it down.

I was thinking that it was a shame that I did not bring my G2 (or L4). This guy is not a flashaholic, he just wants a good light that is small, bright, and compact. Well, maybe he is a flashaholic after all. He just doesn't know it yet.

I went to the store and bought a Legend LX (19.97). I spent a little time centering the bulb to get the best spot pattern and gave it to him. He could not believe how bright it was. It beat his 2D light hands down, and he could stick it in his pocket and not loose it. I told him to order batteries on line and he could visit here to find out more information about all kinds of lights.

I know the Legend LX may not be the best light around, but you have to start somewhere. I happen to like it a lot.

Tom

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello RJ,

I took the lens off and held the reflector with my fingers. Then I just lightly pushed the bulb back and forth with the eraser end of my pencil (if you use your finger, be sure to clean the bulb before turning it back on). I kept turning it on and "adjusting" the reflector to see if I was making progress. Total time involved was about 2 minutes.

It works quite well, until you drop it. Then you have to do it all over again.

Tom

rlhess

Enlightened
I like it, too. I've just given away two of the three that I've bought--to a family member and a close friend who live where lithium batteries are required for a car light. My wife's car still has one.

jbroker83

Enlightened
Yes, I have two---and probably will get some more for various friends....the store near my house had them on sale for 12.99 at one point...I should've bought a bunch then...