• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [sold] McGizmo 27-LT and mystery tube

Darell

Flashaholic
27-lt.jpg

[no longer selling]First is the McGizmo 27-LT.
This one is special because it comes with DarellDust™ as well as a cute little "asteroid" mark on the bezel. You know how Don is with aesthetics...:duh2: It actually does look kinda cool. Would make a good logo for somebody's light program. YOu can see the thing clearly in the picture. But anyway... I've dusted it since the picture, but I can include that dust in a baggie. You'll just have to explain to the postal inspector is all. Where was I... OK, so I bought this specifically to take diving. Then I stopped diving due to some sinus problem (as well as not being anywhere near the ocean for too many years). So this little gem was never used. Brand-spanking new and pretty. I mean now that it is dusted. Super-durable (I mean, REALLY) and super-sealed. Killroy switch gives two levels - from a scientifically measured "lowish" to something quite a bit higher. Ti clip included.

I'd like to see $200 out of it, plus $7 Priority Mail shipping.

[sold]Second is the mystery Aleph tube. Don and I can't remember what this thing was called. It has a typical SF E-series thread on the tail, and a wider, internal thread at the head end. It fits the L4 head you see pictured. In fact, I'll include that L4 head - as long as you understand that it isn't being sold - it just comes as is. I've had it apart and, well, Let's just say it isn't "factory" any longer. Still works! So you get the tube, and it has an Aleph "standard" switch on the back - with nubbin screwed on with a setscrew. Switch works great, and has all the internals. Resistance? No idea. I suppose if you really wanted to know, I could take it apart. I do have the technology to do that still. The tail is either a light black anno, or a dark natural anno. You get to decide. Either way, it basically matches nothing. Did I mention Don and his aesthetics in this post yet?

Oh, I have a super-top-secret bonus gift that comes with the mystery tube as well.

For this tube and tailcap (and free L4 head!) I'd like to see $50 - shipping included because I'm feeling crazy.

Typical rules for claiming and/or abusing me.

Please avoid using PM with me, and instead use my gmail account. That would be at darelldd. Thanks!

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: McGizmo 27-LT and mystery Aleph tube with switch

Here's the top secret gift that comes with the tube!

light_sale_007.jpg

Makes for a mounting collar (with tripod mount threaded hole). Don't really need it with the cap I included with the tube, but hey.

samuraishot

Enlightened

Excellent. Do me a favor and send off an email using my gmail account.... darelldd.

Thanks! Any idea what we should call it?

Email sent! Mystery tube sounds cool to me!

I'll also take the super top secret bonus gift too :D

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
McGizmo 27-LT and mystery Aleph tube with switch

Yep. It's not a mystery tube. What you see is the bottom half of the l4 head that unscrewed from the heatsink and is attached to a standard aleph tube. Sorry I missed it.

samuraishot

Enlightened

Yep. It's not a mystery tube. What you see is the bottom half of the l4 head that unscrewed from the heatsink and is attached to a standard aleph tube. Sorry I missed it.

Yeah I caught that too :) I remember my E1B head looking like that after unscrewing it.

Vernon

Enlightened

What's the emitter, output, and tint on the McGizmo?

Thanks.

Darell

Flashaholic

Doh! Well played. See what I get for putting stuff in a box for too long? Well, I can tell you this - the Anno match on these is pretty good! I'm happy to ship out the good deals when the ignorance is all mine. It is what I get for taking things apart, and not getting them back together right. ;)

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic

What's the emitter, output, and tint on the McGizmo?

Thanks.

Ah, see that's why there's so much mystery in this thread. It has simply been too long to recall the emitter or the output. The tint is "subjectively" awesome. And as I said in the intro, the amount of light goes all the way from lowish to highish. Sorry. I don't mean to be glib... At least not annoyingly glib.

I rate it at about $225 worth of output on high, so it is quite a deal.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: McGizmo 27-LT (mystery tube sold)

Wow ... nice catch buddy !

BTW, anybody know where to get a couple extra "clip buttons" like the one on that tailcap?

Free bump for that great 27LT, too :thumbsup:

Darell

Flashaholic

BTW, anybody know where to get a couple extra "clip buttons" like the one on that tailcap?

Hit me up via email... I might be able to assist in the nubbin department. gmail. darelldd.

Must run to a meeting though, so don't expect instant response!

archimedes

Flashaholic

Hit me up via email... I might be able to assist in the nubbin department. gmail. darelldd.

Must run to a meeting though, so don't expect instant response!

Very cool ... I'll email later tonight, no rush at all - cheers!

samuraishot

Enlightened

Nice score on the tube.

Thanks, Ben!

Thanks, Don! PM sent!

Above all, thanks to Darell - got the shipping notice right after I paid :thumbsup: