Surefire "A00000" and "X00000" Serial Numbers

MatthewSB

Enlightened
I have a pair of Surefire AZ2 lights. One has a 6 digit serial number that starts with "A", the other starts with "X".

What does this mean?

Last edited:

Pekka

Newly Enlightened
I was told that A was for the revision A production run and B if they ever needed to review on the design and started numbering all over again (Rev B). X was reserved for prototype test run. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen much Rev B going around and judging from what you got their pre-production models are as good to go too. :laughing:

Where'd you get it from, and what's the number? :huh:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only recent "X" models were the LX2's. An "X" model may command a little bit of a higher price, but that is incunjuction with it's rarety in general. Example being an LX2. An X model LX2 may command a 5% increase, while an X model M3 would demand a 50% increase. So on and so forth.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
Thanks for the explainations guys.

Where'd you get it from, and what's the number? :huh:

I'm not sure about the rules here, a lot of forums don't want you to mention non sponsors :thinking:

I know, a series of well hidden clues...

One of the biggest OPTICS vendors on the PLANET has AZ2 lights for $114 shipped after a 5% discount. I ordered two, and sent the "A" serial numbered one back because the LEDs weren't centered in the reflector and the beam was crooked and wierd. The "X" version is perfect though.

I really really like the AZ2. Even though it's old technology, it has the floodiest 35 lumen low mode, and the 150 lumen high mode throws very far. 10 hours is long enough battery life on low mode. Also, this light fits all of my old kydex holsters for C2 Centurions.

My number is one of the first 30 :eek:oo:

MatthewSB

Enlightened
Because pictures are fun :D

009_zpsf4f1e281.jpg

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only recent "X" models were the LX2's. An "X" model may command a little bit of a higher price, but that is incunjuction with it's rarety in general. Example being an LX2. An X model LX2 may command a 5% increase, while an X model M3 would demand a 50% increase. So on and so forth.

If you're talking about the 'X' serial number, here's an X300 prototype which is roughly as recent as the LX2:

http://soldiersystems.net/2009/09/10/surefire-sneak-peeks/sf_x300/

It is somewhat confusing since many recent SF lights use an 'X' product designation, e.g. P2X and the X300 above.

Latest posts