Jetbeam        
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728

Thread: Fenix E01

Default Re: Fenix E01

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    There are better 5mm LEDs than the Nichia GS. There are also better tail designs than the E01's. There's plenty of room for evolution in this style of light if Fenix wishes to do so.
    Okay....... name one that is absolutely as bullet-proof reliable and durable as an E01.

Yes, I get it. There are lights out there that are better at this one aspect, that one aspect, and this one over here as well. How about one that combines all of those aspects into something that works and can take an obscene amount of abuse too.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Okay....... name one that is absolutely as bullet-proof reliable and durable as an E01.

Yes, I get it. There are lights out there that are better at this one aspect, that one aspect, and this one over here as well. How about one that combines all of those aspects into something that works and can take an obscene amount of abuse too.

And at this price point? I'll admit, I like many lights better for many other things but when I buy a non addict a light, it is very possibly an E01. Or it was anyway.

Mad71 Re: Fenix E01

Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    I completely get what you're saying, but I also recognize that Fenix's interest is what makes them the most money, which might not include both a new light and continuing the E01 production.

I'd have loved to see the E01 stay in production, but I have to admit, I was unlikely to buy more at this point, because I'm not expecting mine to die. I'm sure I'm not the only one, and Fenix probably saw that perspective reflected in declining sales.
    If Fenix was smart with this, they would capitalize even more on the E01 legend and incorporate it into the E01-2.0. They would want people to buy them once per keychain because they were ultra reliable and affordable. They should be happy that the customer would want to keep them for 5-10 years and share the find with all their friends. Based on reputation alone, I bought an E01. I was afraid I might miss out on a chance to own this legend...and its the only Fenix product I have!

They have a chance to tweak an affordable killer product in little ways (tint, freshen design) in the E01-2.0...but they need to keep the overall reliability. That is what Maglite had going for them for so many years that they became the most recognizable and successful professional series flashlight brand in its time.

If Fenix takes the approach that E01 is too reliable resulting in people aren't repurchasing them often enough...and that compels them to design a lesser product in the E01-2.0 that would be very unfortunate..for everyone.
    Last edited by LeanBurn; 12-06-2018 at 03:46 PM.
    THRUNITE Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+HighCRI modded Mini-Mag2AAA, E01
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens)

Flashaholic*

Name one what? LED? Tail design?

We are not talking about a pre existing light here, we are talking about the next light in the E0 and E01 family.

Are better tinted LEDs not as reliable as purple rectangled ones?

Are tails that allow for stable tailstanding and a symmetrical keychain hang less reliable?

I doubt it.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    Name one what? LED? Tail design?

We are not talking about a pre existing light here, we are talking about the next light in the E0 and E01 family.

Are better tinted LEDs not as reliable as purple rectangled ones?

Are tails that allow for stable tailstanding and a symmetrical keychain hang less reliable?

I doubt it.
    Thank you for proving my point and not being able to name one from any competitor that currently exists.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic*

Thank you for proving my point and not being able to name one from any competitor that currently exists.
    What point are you trying to make? You are trying to prove me wrong, that Fenix is not capable of improving the E01 because nobody else makes such a light?

To prove MY point, Fenix HAD it's chance if they would have chosen to work with BLF. If Fenix would have taken their feedback and THEY made what became the Sofirn C01. Same Fenix E01 guts, Yuji LED and an improved tail design. Proof it could be done. It's not rocket science here, EVERYONE knows the E01 wasn't perfect and the LED was the biggest flaw. Better 5MM LED, better light. Is this really that hard to understand?
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

So you're saying that there is nothing to be improved on the E01, because no competitor has made a better product? Seems like a bit of a non-sequitur to me.

There's also the Sofirn C01. Sure it's new and so it doesn't have the reliability track record of Fenix yet, but even if it turns out not to be as bomb-proof as the Fenix it won't be because of the superior LED and tail design.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Better, not better, tint and tailstand.....
    It's all relative to a perspective not unlike a pair of Chuck Taylors versus Vans slip ons.

Point being is the E01 was a good invention at its inception and is still good enough to a lot of folks.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Please keep this about the Fenix E01, not a Sofirm light that is competely another style by another company that happens to resemble the topic light.
    Pretty please with sugar on top.
    Guys, dont fall for the trap of comparing the E01 to other lights. This thread is about the E01 only. Moderators asked, and I obliged, by moving discussion of other lights to their own thread.

Comparing lights and claiming one is the best, is not very likely to produce a friendly discussion. Its basically trollbait.

Please do not discuss other lights in this thread. Respect the title of the thread, it is ONLY about the E01.

Here is a thread where we can compare the E01 to the Sofirn:
    Compare-and-Contrast-the-Sofirn-C01-to-the-Fenix-E01
    Last edited by jon_slider; 12-07-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Tell 'em Jon....

It sounds like the sofirm is a mighty fine little light that pleases a lot of folks. Same as a pair of New Balance walking shoes is more suited for standing all day than a pair of bedroom shoes.
    Yet when a person enters a thread on a Honda forum and scoffs at the Civic, saying a BMW is better.... what's the take away?
    Last edited by bykfixer; 12-08-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    John 3:16

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728