Jetbeam        
Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Fenix E01

Default Fenix E01

Hello,

Who owns a Fenix E01?

And so yes, are you happy with it, and does it works very good?

Are you agree with me, that it is very bright for its sise?

It throws easily 20 meters, and its very bright (my opinion)

Mine works very well, and its exceedingly bright for such a small flashlight.

Can you tell something about your Fenix E01?

I use it for walking outside, and as a bikelight.

Remco

Default Re: Fenix E01

Have a search over some old posts Remco,we have debated many a time on the EO1
    Diagnosed with Grumpy Old Man Syndrome

Default Fenix E01

I like the simplicity and durability of the E01 but for brightness check out the LD01 or Olight i3

Sent from a mobile telephone

The E01 is a classic around here. Always keep one on a lanyard while I'm caving. There are brighter lights of that size though.
    the harder I work, the luckier I get.

I gifted my last EO1 at Christmas time. I keep meaning to get another few, but I never used it much myself. They're really good gift lights though. I have an EO5 on my keys, as it's brighter and has a much better tint.
    There can never be too much honey to lick off your fingers.

I have my fenix E01 always with me, because i will always have light ,when it is needed, whatever happens.

Easy to carry, and always light within reach.

Off course, its no Fenix TK75, but bright enough to find your way in the dark.

A&Q Moderator

E01 is well respected around these parts.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Flashaholic

I lost my gold E01 a few months ago. I searched and searched and finally gave up that it was going to show back up. I could not take it anymore.

I now own a purple E01. It is always in my pocket and I use it numerous times a day.

Although my family already knows that I am a flashlight nut, I have been wanting to ratchet it up a notch. For a while now I have been thinking of putting a fresh Duraloop in my E01, turning it on, dropping it in a clear jar of water, and putting it in the freezer to elicit some comments directed at me!

(I am still hoping my gold one re-appears someday. It will be the best day of my life.)
    Fenix L2D, L1D, LOD, P2D, E01, Inova X-5, X-1 v2, Inova Radiant 2aaa, Inova Microlight, Dorcy Super 1 watt, Dorcy 1aaa gen3, RiverRock 2aa Headlight, RiverRock 1W 1aa, RayoVac Sportsmanextreme 1aa Headlight, Nuwai .5Watt 1aaa and 2aaa

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker Light View Post
    For a while now I have been thinking of putting a fresh Duraloop in my E01, turning it on, dropping it in a clear jar of water, and putting it in the freezer to elicit some comments directed at me!
    I did that with mine, the duraloop wasn't happy with the cold and turned off. Thawed it back out, popped a fresh cell in and it fired right up with no sign of water entry. An Energizer lithium would handle the freezer better.

Sadly, I lost an EO1 to an alkaline leak - I now use an Enelooped EO5 on my keychain. Both great lights.
    What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Unenlightened

I bought E01 month ago and I'm very happy. May be it's not most important stuff in my pocket, but it quite comfortable and bright)
    Sorry for my poor English)

Next week I suppose to buy Fenix HL20 - I have tried it and what i saw impressed me so much!

I have two of them. I gave one to my wife to keep in her purse, but that one is probably lost for good in there.

to Sofiia --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

_

I own Fenix E01 since i strarted this thread and i own Sunway R01. By the time i made reply on this thread my Fenix E01 still function very well without flaws ( always hang E01 on my bathroom wall since i owned it ) and my Sunway R01 got problem ( never carried or used it ) which sometimes it will turns on sometimes it won't and flickering. I have to say that Fenix E01 shows quality over my sunway R01.
    Last edited by njet212; 02-25-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Default Fenix E01

I gave two to my wife--one for her work keychain and one for her home keychain--and she loves them. They're great little lights.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    I have two of them. I gave one to my wife to keep in her purse, but that one is probably lost for good in there.
    Sounds like my girlfriend: she has a very small handbag actually but I'm if I gave her a TK75 it would get lost in the handbag too!

Quote Originally Posted by njet212 View Post
    and my Sunway R01 got problem ( never carried or used it ) which sometimes it will turns on sometimes it won't and flickering. I have to say that Fenix E01 shows quality over my sunway R01.
    Yes, I agree. The R01 is simply a POS.
    Now ask me how I really feel about Sunwayman R01A.

I guess the E01 gets the respect it does because practically everyone owns one, it's a classic and was great back when it was released. I find it a little big to hang off a keychain, I use an eGear Pico for that which puts out the same lumens in about 1/3 size. Something like the Olight i3 puts out 7x the lumens and has 3 modes for a few $ more, plus it does not have the heavy purple tint of the E01.

Hello,

1 I have put for testing, a,

Fenix E01 on my bicycle, a standard average bicyclelight, And a fenix TK35, on turbo setting, 860 lumens, 300 plus meters beam distance.

What kind of reactions can i get tonight in the dark, when oncomming cyclers,and others coming at me?

2 Pointed to the ground, and pointed to the horizon, (forward) Do i annoy them with this lights?

Remco

Quote Originally Posted by RemcoM View Post
    Hello,

1 I have put for testing, a,

Fenix E01 on my bicycle, a standard average bicyclelight, And a fenix TK35, on turbo setting, 860 lumens, 300 plus meters beam distance.

What kind of reactions can i get tonight in the dark, when oncomming cyclers,and others coming at me?

2 Pointed to the ground, and pointed to the horizon, (forward) Do i annoy them with this lights?

Remco
    I don't think you have to worry about annoying oncoming traffic with the E01 unless you drive your bike way too close to pedestrians walking towards you, and aim it directly at their eyes

The TK35 on the other hand should probably be treated like the high beams on a car - I'd point it to the ground and / or lower the output in situations where it might annoy or even blind someone temporarily.

You could let a friend ride your bike towards you with the lights on and see for yourself which configurations are "safe". If that's not possible, park it at one end of a football field, walk to the other end and back (obviously you have to leave the lights on in this instance too, and walk towards the bike on your way back)

Quote Originally Posted by Swede74 View Post
    I don't think you have to worry about annoying oncoming traffic with the E01 unless you drive your bike way too close to pedestrians walking towards you, and aim it directly at their eyes

The TK35 on the other hand should probably be treated like the high beams on a car - I'd point it to the ground and / or lower the output in situations where it might annoy or even blind someone temporarily.

You could let a friend ride your bike towards you with the lights on and see for yourself which configurations are "safe". If that's not possible, park it at one end of a football field, walk to the other end and back (obviously you have to leave the lights on in this instance too, and walk towards the bike on your way back)
    Thank you for your answer,

1 What do you think, Todays Halogen, and HID Xenon Carheadlights, Their beamdistance when sining straight forward, and their Beam intensity? (CD) number?

2 Do you have a bike/bicycle, or a car, and what kind of lights you have on it?

3 Whats your most powerfull flashlight you have?

Quote Originally Posted by RemcoM View Post
    Thank you for your answer,

1 What do you think, Todays Halogen, and HID Xenon Carheadlights, Their beamdistance when sining straight forward, and their Beam intensity? (CD) number?

2 Do you have a bike/bicycle, or a car, and what kind of lights you have on it?

3 Whats your most powerfull flashlight you have?
    I'm going to keep my my answer short, but I hope that in doing so I don't come off as rude. I don't want you to feel snubbed, but since your questions are a bit off topic, I think it would have been better to send them to me in a PM (Private Message) or search for more appropriate threads (or start new ones if necessary).

1. I don't have an opinion, mostly because I don't have a car, which partly answers question #2

2. I have a bicycle, and am embarrassed to admit that I have a very cheap, barely splash resistant light on it that provides far from enough light. Sometimes I use my LedLenser L7 as a front light, but I don't have a good mount for it so it bounces around too much.

3. Zebralight SC600
    Last edited by Swede74; 03-06-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Swede74, a good and cheap bicycle mount is to get two hose clamps (stainless steel) and pass one through the other (perpendicular) before mounting one to your handlebars. Tighten the one on the handlebars and then put your flashlight of choice through the other hose clamp.

Use some inner tune to protect both your handlebars and flashlight from scratches. I've used this set up on several bikes and it works a treat. This setup will hold a large flashlight like a TK41 solid as a rock. Though I don't use a TK41, usually just a single 18650 light or two.
    There can never be too much honey to lick off your fingers.

I dont want to start a new thread for this, altho I'm guessing nobody will read this buried here, so maybe I will have to :/

My new Fenix e01 is eating up fresh Duracell batteries, is it defective? Runtime is nowhere near 21 hours, more like 4 hours b4 the battery dims and dies completely. Went through 3 new AAA's in the past 4 days, using the light ~3 hours per day.

I thought this was supposed to be such an amazing lumen vampire workhorse?

I paid only $10.79 for this e01 from Amazon, it came in a new box but didn't include the battery as stated on the box, so maybe it was liquidation from a shady source?

Should I file a claim, or am I missing something? Barely worth the shipping, but on principle I'm annoyed. I bought this specifically bec I wanted a light that would last a long time on a low setting for daily bedside use. But having to change battery every day using for just 3 hours each day is ridiculous...

Did I get a bad run, or are these over-spec'ed?
    Last edited by joelbnyc; 03-23-2013 at 12:57 AM.

I've had a Fenix E01 for well over a year and it hasn't failed me a single time. It was my first ever EDC light, it's been dropped, scratched numerous times. It will always work, no matter what... I've used it for whatnot purposes. May be the most reliable light ever, despite its size
    ~ ~ ~ Why did God create the night? So that we can use our flashlights. ~ ~ ~

I've got quite a bunch of E01's as backup. One is on my keychain for 4+ years now and has never failed me. It is a great little light. Yours is probably defective indeed.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

I've got a purple E01 on my key-biner for EDC. I'd be lost without it! While it's a tad large it's doable for me- but even one mm larger would be too big! It's not super bright but it's durable, reliable, and small enough that I can live with it in my pocket all the time. Sure, brighter would be nice but it's plenty powerful for what I use it for (eg. checking to see that equipment is turned off, getting my key in the door, finding items dropped, etc).

One of the best things about it is the low price. I got mine from Amazon.com for $11 shipped (normally a buck or two more). If I lose it I won't freak out, and it's cheap enough to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by joelbnyc View Post
    [...] My new Fenix e01 is eating up fresh Duracell batteries, is it defective? Runtime is nowhere near 21 hours, more like 4 hours b4 the battery dims and dies completely. Went through 3 new AAA's in the past 4 days, using the light ~3 hours per day [...]

A member posted graphs of his E01 runtime on several Duracell Alkaline AAA and Energizer Lithium AAA batteries. On a Duracell Alkaline AAA, he was averaging around 8.3hr to 11hr of daylight mode followed by at least another 5hr of moonlight mode.

"My Quick Fenix E01 Review"
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...nix-E01-Review
    Last edited by MojaveMoon07; 03-24-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MojaveMoon07 View Post
    A member posted graphs of his E01 runtime on several Duracell Alkaline AAA and Energizer Lithium AAA batteries. On a Duracell Alkaline AAA, he was averaging around 8.3hr to 11hr of daylight mode followed by at least another 5hr of moonlight mode.

"My Quick Fenix E01 Review"
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...nix-E01-Review
    Thanks, yes based on those graphs I definitely received a bad light. I used 2 types of AAAs and saw significant brightness drops after a couple hours. That chart displays a flat horizontal line for 10 hours.

I guess that's amazon for you, although this was sold and fulfilled by amazon so it wasn't some sketchy liquidator. And I thought $11 for this light was normal price anyway.

Oh well, I'll try one more type of AAA, if same issues I'll email them links to that chart in my claim, thx again.

Sent from somewhere using something

Quote Originally Posted by joelbnyc View Post
    more like 4 hours b4 the battery dims and dies completely.
    Did you get an E05 by mistake perhaps? Or the factory installed a E05 circuit in your E01? Failing that, you got a dud or a dodgy clone.

Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast